Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bother trying to get the bus up brixton hill, people.

Just came here to find out what was happening as my sister just rang to say her b/f rang her an hour ago and he was on Brixton Hill and he's still not home. He's on a motorbike. I think she's getting a bit worried.

It's just taken me an hour to get up the hill on a bus. I know I could have walked but my feet were too cold and wet. Can't see what the reason for the gridlock is apart from a) we've had a teeny bit of snow and b) the lights at the corner of New Park Road are out.

NPR as well? :eek:

They've been out at Elm Park since yesterday.

Yep, the NPR ones are deffo out.

Panic over. b-in-law has just arrived home. His 1/2 hour journey by motorbike from the Tate to Thornton Heath took 3.5 hours :eek:

Said a car had also broken down somewhere on Brixton Hill. He also was going to go up Tulse Hill but saw buses sliding down so went up Brixton Hill instead.

Apparently bus drivers up Streatham and Green Lane and other places have all abandoned their buses.

and according to BBC

A203 London - Traffic light failure on Stockwell Road at Stockwell Park Walk , in Brixton

Last updated: 21st December 2009 at 19:04

So that's at least 3 sets of traffic lights out. I wonder if any are working anywhere :D

It's pathetic. :mad: We should be the laughing stock of the civilised world. How long it did it snow for - 2 hours? Lambeth Council have been out gritting, so what's gone wrong? Did they forget Brixton Hill? Was it the wrong kind of snow? (Do we blame global warming for bringing us a new kind of snow? :hmm:)

I want to blame a councillor and put him in the stocks. Or put him in a camp and make a lampshade out of his skin.

The bus-stop outside KFC looks like a vision of hell...

People crowded 12 deep, no buses stopping... christ.. im glad im not of them.

It's pathetic. :mad: We should be the laughing stock of the civilised world. How long it did it snow for - 2 hours? Lambeth Council have been out gritting, so what's gone wrong? Did they forget Brixton Hill? Was it the wrong kind of snow? (Do we blame global warming for bringing us a new kind of snow? :hmm:)

I want to blame a councillor and put him in the stocks. Or put him in a camp and make a lampshade out of his skin.

Dunno what kinda snow it was but it settled as fast as fuck. I watched it out my window and within minutes it was covering the floor.

With the last snowfall they only gritted the crossings. It's the same shit every year on Brixton Hill. They probably assume we're all going to sit on a tray and slide down the Hill rather than walk.

That's nasty nickh. The Nazis did that. :(

Not with their councillors obviously :hmm:

Panic over. b-in-law has just arrived home. His 1/2 hour journey by motorbike from the Tate to Thornton Heath took 3.5 hours :eek:

Said a car had also broken down somewhere on Brixton Hill. He also was going to go up Tulse Hill but saw buses sliding down so went up Brixton Hill instead.

Apparently bus drivers up Streatham and Green Lane and other places have all abandoned their buses.

Glad he's safe and well Minnie.

Just spoke to my Mum who lives on Shooters Hill, SE18 and buses have been abandoned there too. She had to abandon her car down the hill.

It is ridiculous. It's just a bit of snow - how does it cause such havoc?

Glad he's safe and well Minnie.

Just spoke to my Mum who lives on Shooters Hill, SE18 and buses have been abandoned there too. She had to abandon her car down the hill.

It is ridiculous. It's just a bit of snow - how does it cause such havoc?

I don't think he really wanted to abandon his motorbike and where he lives (off Spa Hill) there's loads of hills. :D

Maybe there wouldn't have been such a problem if the councils had bothered to grit the roads

Ha ha ha.....someones just stopped to unload shopping next to a load of parked buses on Tulse Hill, thus stopping all traffic in both directions. people are stupid!

I've decided I've had enough of this nonsense and tomorrow I'm off to the north of Scotland where we can deal with a spot of snow without everything falling apart.

That is, if I can get to Kings Cross in the first place.

I've decided I've had enough of this nonsense and tomorrow I'm off to the north of Scotland where we can deal with a spot of snow without everything falling apart.

That is, if I can get to Kings Cross in the first place.

This is where your cunning plan is made of fail.

HTH

;)

That's nasty nickh. The Nazis did that. :(

Not with their councillors obviously :hmm:

Yebbut I would do it to people who deserve it. It really gets people's attention, doesn't it? You'd only need to do it to one person at the council to get them all sitting up straight. (Actually you'd only need to start a rumour... the Nazi story was about just one instance which wasn't proven even though the suspect was tried for other war crimes.)

Yebbut I would do it to people who deserve it. It really gets people's attention, doesn't it? You'd only need to do it to one person at the council to get them all sitting up straight. (Actually you'd only need to start a rumour... the Nazi story was about just one instance which wasn't proven even though the suspect was tried for other war crimes.)

*is tempted to nominate a councillor*

This is where your cunning plan is made of fail.

HTH

;)

I'm pretty confident I can walk to Kings Cross in under a couple of hours. I'll make snow shoes out of tennis racquets if I have to. :mad:

Oh. I don't have any tennis racquets do I.

I'm pretty confident I can walk to Kings Cross in under a couple of hours. I'll make snow shoes out of tennis racquets if I have to. :mad:

Oh. I don't have any tennis racquets do I.

That's a shame. I'd pay good money to see you trudging to Kings Cross with tennis racquets strapped to youe feet :D

Cycling home from central London was pretty hairy. Worse than the Jan/Feb snow for some reason.

It wasn't expected by me - I was wearing silver Mary Janes with heels. :eek: I was dead worried I was going to fall over on the way home from the tube.

Spare a thought for hendo, who is stuck on the BBC news desk with chaos all around. :(

But there was snow forcast for today, was there not? So why was it not 'expected'?

:hmm:

I don't think they expected what we got. I think flurries were anticipated. I know my b-in-law would no way have driven his bike if he had heard there was going to be snow.

I heard snow was due in the south-east but I think people were expecting Kent and the like to get it, not London :D

and I think it's got to the point where anyone with any sense now disbelieves half the BBC weather forecasts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom