Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, good.

They've started rolling out the new trains, I see. I was on one last week.

I'd post the thrilling pics if I'd bothered uploading any from my phone in the last month or two.

Here are some I took last week. My apologies for the one that is a little dark; I obviously wasn't concentrating when I took it.

4080599202_6acef3d57e.jpg

4079839273_158eddd6da.jpg

Pottered to Brixton today.

Chatted to the Chorizo man at the market which was pleasing
Had a pint in the Albert with some Urbs which was pleasing
Went to Tesco which was far from pleasing.

More pleasing than not.

It would appear that Living is becoming a fish and halal meat shop according to the signage outside it today. Which is good cos there's a massive space in the market for that round here. :D:facepalm:

It would appear that Living is becoming a fish and halal meat shop according to the signage outside it today. Which is good cos there's a massive space in the market for that round here. :D:facepalm:

It makes sense, the amount of flooding in the cellar from the River Effra rising up we could have a genuine fresh catch of the day.

Here are some I took last week. My apologies for the one that is a little dark; I obviously wasn't concentrating when I took it.

4080599202_6acef3d57e.jpg

4079839273_158eddd6da.jpg

Are you sure the photos you have posted for competitions have been your own work? It's hard to believe they could have been submitted by the same person who took these paltry efforts.

I may head over to the photography forum and ask for an adjudicator's investigation.

I am quite ashamed to be honest. I nearly didn't post them up, they are of such low quality. What's worse is that I'm sad enough to have taken them in the first place!

Oh, I don't know. I suppose to the casual observer it could look like you are the sad one, but without the backstory how can anyone make such a judgement? Perhaps you are super cool yet kindly person who thought they would do their sad friend a kindness in taking the photos and sharing them via the medium of text with said friend.

What's happening at The Prince? I was there a week ago on a Monday and the place looked dead and badly managed. Almost no beers on tap and inefficient manager.

It looks like they don't do food anymore? :confused:

When I went past the Prince the other Monday evening it was closed. I kept meaning to see if it was still shut later in the week.

I am quite ashamed to be honest. I nearly didn't post them up, they are of such low quality. What's worse is that I'm sad enough to have taken them in the first place!

I took a picture of the new train when I was in one last week. You are not alone. sadboy.

From the TFL website just now:

Victoria line
Suspended between Brixton and Warren Street due to a faulty train at Green Park. Minor delays are occurring on the rest of the line.

Lodon Underground tickets are being accepted on London Buses and on Southeastern Trains between Victoria and Brixton.

Looks like we're in for a fun morning.

It looks like the ground floor of the old Green man pub in Loughborough Junction is finally being occupied by Lambeth 1st, some kind of employment assistance programme.

Definitely "later this month" according to Lambeth Life.

It doesn't look nearly finished, but I noticed the other day that they have the road markings down now on Brixton Hill. Does anyone know how you will get onto Acre Lane if you're coming from Kellett Road - will you be able to turn left at the junction with Coldharbour Lane. :confused:

I think it's the Windrush Square bit that is to be finished next year - just the road system that will change this month.

Has anyone mentioned the new store (off licence) on Brixton Hill (what was Sheila's). It's called High Spirits. Yet more competition for Costcutter and Nisa. Like we really, really need another one on that stretch of road :rolleyes:

Has anyone mentioned the new store (off licence) on Brixton Hill (what was Sheila's). It's called High Spirits. Yet more competition for Costcutter and Nisa. Like we really, really need another one on that stretch of road :rolleyes:

I thought of mentioning it about 100 years ago when it opened. I might not have gotten round to it though.

I think it's a good name for a booze shop on Brixton Hill; therefore I approve of it.

Yes. Currently you go round the one-way system, but presumably there will now be the option to turn left, and also to go straight on if you're on Coldharbour Lane.

If you go straight on, presumably you'll just crash into the railings by the church.

I thought of mentioning it about 100 years ago when it opened. I might not have gotten round to it though.

I think it's a good name for a booze shop on Brixton Hill; therefore I approve of it.

Well maybe 10 years ago you should have noticed that it moved a few doors up the hill to where Sheila's was:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom