Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tampering with mail is a crime. Therefore it seems quite straightforward to me that tampering with delivery - ie deliberately and knowingly making it take an excessive time to be delivered - is also covered as a crime.

Taking a reasonable time to deliver within the constraints of the current system is one thing. Taking nearly 4 weeks to arrive, because of a strike, seems to me a criminal act.

Yes, but you're a well known idiot.

I noticed that the Iroko Bar at the top of the hill had various legal notices from landlords and bailiffs attached to it this morning, so that looks like that could be gone too.

I noticed that the Iroko Bar at the top of the hill had various legal notices from landlords and bailiffs attached to it this morning, so that looks like that could be gone too.

A former waitress from there is a friend's flatmate. Apparently the owners were colossally incompetent.

One incident she mentioned included people booking a birthday for 20 people there and the owners failing to buy enough food to cook for them. :rolleyes:

More change at beach bar/tongue n groove. It seems it's no longer a bar at all. Looked like it's going to be some type of money changing shop.

Oh, we're getting a new taxi place in the not too distant future. Out the back of the jamaican patti place on brighton terrace. Run by the guy who runs the nail joint.

Streatham High Road "closed due to an incident" apparently; buses terminating early and being diverted. Anyone have further info?

Streatham High Road "closed due to an incident" apparently; buses terminating early and being diverted. Anyone have further info?

Nope but I was passed by a lot of police cars steaming in a blues n twos convoy not a million miles away..

I didn't know they had cycle hire at Brockwell. Hm. That's handy to know. Or would have been.

They didn't. Wheels for Wellbeing would set up on the levelled football pitch a couple of times a week and targetted those with mobility and other health problems. They brought out all kinds of bikes/trikes etc for people to try out on the pitch. Such a lovely idea and such a tragedy this news. :(

There was a guy up on a roof down the bottom of Streatham threatening to commit suicide, he was there at lunchtime, and I'm unsure what current status is.

There was a guy up on a roof down the bottom of Streatham threatening to commit suicide, he was there at lunchtime, and I'm unsure what current status is.

Finally reopened sometime around 10pm.

Several thousand people have had their journeys home delayed by an hour or more :mad:

Several thousand people have had their journeys home delayed by an hour or more :mad:

The 333 I was on about 6.15 terminated at the top of Brixton Hill rather than going to Tooting. Even then it was about 15-20 minutes later than I would normally have expected to have got home.

Must have been a major incident or there's been more than one today. We went up Streatham maybe 2.30ish and ended up getting off the bus and walking as traffic wasn't moving.

Must have been a major incident or there's been more than one today. We went up Streatham maybe 2.30ish and ended up getting off the bus and walking as traffic wasn't moving.

The suicidal guy was apparently moving around the roof of the block of flats in the triangle between St Leonard's junction and Streatham Green, so the Met had to close both Streatham High Rd northbound and Mitcham Lane southbound.

Just looked around about the 10th place in the area that is described as a studio but is actually a room where you can lie in bed and cook your dinner. surely someone somewhere has a studio that is actually big enough to put more than two bits of furniture in?

The suicidal guy was apparently moving around the roof of the block of flats in the triangle between St Leonard's junction and Streatham Green, so the Met had to close both Streatham High Rd northbound and Mitcham Lane southbound.

ah right, must have started well before that as I was in Brixton midday and saw loads of police going up there then, so when they were still going up at 2.30, assumed it must be something different, although I did do a bit of shopping and go home first so it was probably a bit later

Just looked around about the 10th place in the area that is described as a studio but is actually a room where you can lie in bed and cook your dinner. surely someone somewhere has a studio that is actually big enough to put more than two bits of furniture in?

Do you have to share a bathroom? If you have to share a bathroom then it's a bedsit surely?

Do you have to share a bathroom? If you have to share a bathroom then it's a bedsit surely?

i've seen places described as studios that share kitchen AND bathroom. and one bedroom flats which are actually rooms in a shared house!

Agents do advertise bedsits as studios and studios as one beds which is highly annoying.

Really wish that there was a requirement for all property listings to include a floorplan and a minimum number of photos. Nothing worse than taking time out to do a viewing and finding a shoeshitbox.

Agents do advertise bedsits as studios and studios as one beds which is highly annoying.

Really wish that there was a requirement for all property listings to include a floorplan and a minimum number of photos. Nothing worse than taking time out to do a viewing and finding a shoeshitbox.

It's probably covered already by the Trades Description Act. The problem is enforcement. A floorplan costs money and wouldn't be worth it for small scale (literally) rents.

It's probably covered already by the Trades Description Act.

Tricky one this.
Agents are not allowed to misrepresent a property but that is so vague.
They are not supposed to add their opinion (cosy/spacious/etc) but just present the facts.
The reality is that they write what gets viewings/

The problem is enforcement.

Lazy

A floorplan costs money and wouldn't be worth it for small scale (literally) rents.

When I worked in property we used a software app that cost about a tenner a month between three of us. Was simple to use and took about 10 minutes to do for a small property. These days I can knock an accurate floorplan for huge properties/venues in Excel for no cost at all.

The very least that should be provided is dimensions but then you rely on the tenants spacial awareness....

When I worked in property we used a software app that cost about a tenner a month between three of us. Was simple to use and took about 10 minutes to do for a small property. These days I can knock an accurate floorplan for huge properties/venues in Excel for no cost at all.

The very least that should be provided is dimensions but then you rely on the tenants spacial awareness....

Interesting - didn't know it could be done cheaply. Thanks.

I guess it comes down to demand/supply - most agents are shit but tenants don't have any choice.

Does anyone know anything more about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom