Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The er, 'London Hotel' opp the albert does reasonable studios, fairly cheaply. Bizarre place to stay mind you.

i think we had a thread about those studios once. you can't even get a double bed in one :D

i think we had a thread about those studios once. you can't even get a double bed in one :D

Some you can... me and the wife lived in one for a while. Fairly big, own bathroom. Wasn't too bad. Plus you could see who was in the albert from the window.

But. Yes. Not a long term option.

there have been two blokes wandering about brixton town centre. one has some kind of PDA thing and the other has a bowl shaped green box with flashing green lights on the end of a stick. they are obviously measuring something but i don't know what. doesn anyone know?

i drove home from London this morning in the middle of the Veteran Car Run through Brixton. It was great, loads of people out watching in the early morning rain, lots of red light jumping by the old cars and lots breaking down on Brixton Hill :cool:

i drove home from London this morning in the middle of the Veteran Car Run through Brixton. It was great, loads of people out watching in the early morning rain, lots of red light jumping by the old cars and lots breaking down on Brixton Hill :cool:

I was walking home bleary-eyed at about 6 this morning and saw this heading up Brixton Hill... quite surreal.

So are the works on the vicky line finished? I haven't noticed line closures for a few weeks.

Not that I left the area this weekend.

According to the Lambeth propaganda newspaper, the new traffic system around St Matthews will be in action from the 15th Nov.

fight in vodaphone next to sainsburys. one female staff member and one female customer tearing at each others hair. quite a few police arrived by the time I left sainsburys.

Nasty looking accident on Brixton Road last night coming from Oval about 7pm.
Seemed like (probably) a van and a motorbike involved and judging by the markings and the taped off area it was far from a good outcome :(

Nasty looking accident on Brixton Road last night coming from Oval about 7pm.
Seemed like (probably) a van and a motorbike involved and judging by the markings and the taped off area it was far from a good outcome :(

I cycled past at 7.15pm and the PC directing traffic told me the motorcyclist was alive but had been rushed to hospital. They were waiting for an update as to his condition.

I cycled past at 7.15pm and the PC directing traffic told me the motorcyclist was alive but had been rushed to hospital. They were waiting for an update as to his condition.

That is good (well better) as when we went past there was a police photographer taking pictures of numbered cards laid out in the road so feared the worst for the motorcyclist.

That wasn't a planned closure though. Fire alarm at Green Park.

Yeah, there was a fire on a tube that a friend of mine was on. Everyone was evacuated safely, but it must have been pretty scary.

The Victoria line was shut for a while, but not all night.

I noticed a taped off "police inner cordon" area outside McDonalds this morning as I went past on the bus, and a copper in attendance. Any ideas what happened?

That was a natural assumption, I just wondered if there was any elaboration as to the nature of said incident, as the pavement appeared to be clean and nothing obvious that forensics might be needing to take a look at necessitating the closure of the footpath, or a plod attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom