Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter part 1 (Nov 2006-June 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
twisted said:
I keep meaning to nose around that place..it does indeed look bizarre. A tad to the left of your usual second hand furniture shop.

and a bit new as well for a second-hand shop. So really it's not a second-hand shop at all

twisted said:
I keep meaning to nose around that place..it does indeed look bizarre. A tad to the left of your usual second hand furniture shop.

the good stuff seems to be a bit hit and miss inside. They had a wonderfully strange sofa outside it on the pavement for a bit though - all carved.

PieEye said:
the good stuff seems to be a bit hit and miss inside. They had a wonderfully strange sofa outside it on the pavement for a bit though - all carved.

what's happened to the naked statue with a hat on his willy? :D

Minnie_the_Minx said:
I saw a red breasted robin in Brixton this morning.

I also saw what must be the most ugly dog on Brixton Hill, and I'm sure he lives near wiskey
My friend's dog entered the world's ugliest dog competition and came second place, but the ugly dog who came first place died recently, making my friend's dog the world's ugliest dog by default... but it lives in Peterborough with his mum.

I don't, just always thought of it as a him for some reason. I want to get it one of those balls of bird food that can be hung up. Does anyone know where I can get one in Brixton?

ivebeenhigh said:
i saw a man playing a saxophone, with a dog who was wearing wearing sunglasses and who yelped along outside Sainburys.

Is he doing the rounds then?? he's usualy outside Sainsburys in Lee Green.

Spark said:
I don't, just always thought of it as a him for some reason. I want to get it one of those balls of bird food that can be hung up. Does anyone know where I can get one in Brixton?
It probably is the same one, robins are very territorial - if another one came onto your robin's patch he'd get his little eyes pecked out.

Enid Laundromat said:
My friend's dog entered the world's ugliest dog competition and came second place, but the ugly dog who came first place died recently, making my friend's dog the world's ugliest dog by default... but it lives in Peterborough with his mum.

I know who that dog is! The one that died - has a website devoted to him. He is one UGLY dog! :(

Robins are great. I had one eat a worm out of the earth on my spade, while said spade was moving. Cheeky bugger :)

Enid Laundromat said:
It probably is the same one, robins are very territorial - if another one came onto your robin's patch he'd get his little eyes pecked out.

probably, there's been one in my garden for the past 3 years

Spark said:

Pet food store?

PieEye said:
I know who that dog is! The one that died - has a website devoted to him. He is one UGLY dog! :(

Sam%20RIP.jpg

Fucking glad it's dead. Even alive it was un-dead.

Hope they put a wooden stake through the bastard, I wouldn't trust it on a full moon.

pk said:
Sam%20RIP.jpg

Fucking glad it's dead. Even alive it was un-dead.

Hope they put a wooden stake through the bastard, I wouldn't trust it on a full moon.
Fuck! That looks like something out of "Brain Dead"

I think it just had sensitive skin and wasnt a bad dog.

from the blog

'I invite anyone with complaints to come and see how absolutly adored and well cared for this dog is and to touch his leg and see how little it takes to get him snarly. One time, SAM came SCREAMING into the house dragging his back leg..I dropped the dish I was carrying and thought he had gotten out and been hit by a car or something. When I caught up with him in the bedroom he was looking back at his back leg and screaming and growling..WELL…there was a post-it note stuck on his rump..he had sat on it on the sofa and it stuck. The last thing in the world I would do is hurt SAM but it does NOT take much to get him growling//usually he just does it on his own anyway! '
'

Last night while I was loitering in coldharbour lane a woman, clutching a can of cheap cider and wearing what appeared to be a leather dress, wandered over to me and asked me for a cigarette. Feeling generous, I gave her one. She looked at me and said 'Oh, it's you. Haven't seen you for a long time. How are you?'

I smiled politely all the while thinking - who the fuck are you?.

I said that I was well and asked her how her evening was going. She offered me a swig from her can, which I declined. She then half squatted, pissed, stood up and said 'Ah, thats better' and proceeded to toddle off :eek:

Brixton is very strange

twisted said:
hey minnie

what's up? they working you too hard? no gossip today??

guess who won a jackpot today:p :D :p ???

I spent last evening waiting for the gas man who failed to turn up. I then spent the next 3.5 hours assembling a flatpack desk. It's my first time flatpacking. It's knackered me out. I shall be in for a drink tonight ;)

zuszsa said:
Last night while I was loitering in coldharbour lane a woman, clutching a can of cheap cider and wearing what appeared to be a leather dress, wandered over to me and asked me for a cigarette. Feeling generous, I gave her one. She looked at me and said 'Oh, it's you. Haven't seen you for a long time. How are you?'

I smiled politely all the while thinking - who the fuck are you?.

I said that I was well and asked her how her evening was going. She offered me a swig from her can, which I declined. She then half squatted, pissed, stood up and said 'Ah, thats better' and proceeded to toddle off :eek:

Brixton is very strange

Sounds familiar. On Brixton Hill last week, some black guy, maybe in his late 40s came up to me and started chatting, saying he knew me and had seen me round the area. He told me he did voluntary work for an organisation but they were taking advantage of him and did I think he should leave. He then proceeded to kiss me on the cheek and said we must meet up for a coffee. :confused:

Luckily a bus turned up and I escaped.

gaijinboy was approached by a woman outside the Ritzy with a clipboard collecting signatures for a petition for the homeless. At 11:40pm at night. :D Of course this evolved into asking for a donation which she happily received and as she walked off she pulled a can of cider from her pocket and swigged it. :D

Quite ingenious I thought..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom