Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter part 1 (Nov 2006-June 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, many times when I've been in the park there's been a bloke on a scrambler type motorbike zooming around - up and down the paths, really showing off and quite dangerously tbh - and also over the grass etc. He's an adult and it's not one of those little bikes either. Is this allowed? I watched him almost mow down an entire troupe of mothers and kids by the tennis courts the other day and it's beginning to piss me off. :mad:

Clotheline him:D

Hmm.. I don't really want to do anything dangerous..:eek::D but who would I complain to. Last thing I want to do is spend the afternoon down Brixton nick in a queue... :rolleyes:

Recently, many times when I've been in the park there's been a bloke on a scrambler type motorbike zooming around - up and down the paths, really showing off and quite dangerously tbh - and also over the grass etc. He's an adult and it's not one of those little bikes either. Is this allowed? I watched him almost mow down an entire troupe of mothers and kids by the tennis courts the other day and it's beginning to piss me off. :mad:

Lambeth's parks website says :"For more information on Brockwell Park and how to help us keep it clean, green and safe please contact us on 0207 926 9000 or email us at parks@lambeth.gov.uk."

It would really piss me off too if I was disturbed by this sort of thing in the park - what an inconsiderate twat. Dangerous, too.

Thanks for the email address. I've written to them.

I didn't get a reg no. I don't know if he has one? I'll keep my eyes open this evening.

Lost:

My motivation. Somewhere between Gypsy Hill and Herne Hill, approximately 11pm on Sunday night. Its slightly worn and tattered looking, and needs some TLC. If someone finds it can they return it to me. Thanks.

My motivation. Somewhere between Gypsy Hill and Herne Hill, approximately 11pm on Sunday night. Its slightly worn and tattered looking, and needs some TLC. If someone finds it can they return it to me. Thanks.

It might be an idea to start sticking some posters up and offering a cash incentive ;)

I don't think its actually worth that much, I just keep it for the sentimental value.
And its not mobile enough to have made its way independently to West Norwood.

What's with the flowers tied to the lamp-post outside the Fridge?

Would it be anniversary of someone getting stabbed out there or has there been an accident? :confused:

I think I was told (that's how strong the possible truth of this story may be), that there was a party held at the Fridge under one of those transportable, temporary licences, when it happened.

The people who run the excellent pizza place in Market Row are opening up a sourdough bakery opposite soon. Mmmm.

The people who run the excellent pizza place in Market Row are opening up a sourdough bakery opposite soon. Mmmm.

Will be interesting to see the prices. Elsewhere in the world sourdough is cheap but the foodies and middle classes imported it here rather than it arriving by a more organic route. £2.50 a loaf in Blackbird Bakery. Arf arf.

What is it with people that can't keep a good thing to themselves :mad:

Now we're going to have loads of sun tourists :mad:

First there will be cautions handed out for sunbathing on the high street. This will have little effect and it'll all end up with the implementation of a sun dispersal zone and then all the sun tourists will be making a nuisance of themselves on residential streets. And it will all be papingo's fault.

First there will be cautions handed out for sunbathing on the high street. This will have little effect and it'll all end up with the implementation of a sun dispersal zone and then all the sun tourists will be making a nuisance of themselves on residential streets. And it will all be papingo's fault.

They'll reinstate the SUS laws and stop people on the grounds that they're Sun User Suspects :mad:

And when there's riots, Papingo will be hiding saying pleading ignorance

This thread's gone very angry looking. :)

I shall be hiding, chortling to myself, thinking, this is all MY fault. :D

Lots of tv vans up around the Telegraph and New Park Road, some filming for The Bill over the next couple of days apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom