Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter part 1 (Nov 2006-June 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe he's been ripping up some polystyrene and confused it with snow

dandruff.jpg

and admittedly, Brixton Hill is a long road so it could be snowing where teuchter is and not where we are :)

So, where are you teuchter? :hmm:

I am at about the same altitude as the prison but i am on the respectable side of brixton hill (ie. not the side which is essentially clapham, not that anyone on that side would admit it). I have not been taking any drugs and i do not have dandruff and i have not been tearing up polystyrene.

I am at about the same altitude as the prison but i am on the respectable side of brixton hill (ie. not the side which is essentially clapham, not that anyone on that side would admit it). I have not been taking any drugs and i do not have dandruff and i have not been tearing up polystyrene.

ah, so you're on the Elm Park/Endymion/Beechdale side. That's where I live. I knew I was posh though so no need to remind me ;)

I am the same side of the hill as you. I've just looked out of my window. It is not snowing.

It was this morning, though, if that's any help.
:)

I am the same side of the hill as you. I've just looked out of my window. It is not snowing.

It was this morning, though, if that's any help.
:)

Yes, I can confirm it is not currently snowing.

However, it was definitely snowing at 20.08.

Oh I see. Well, that's even worse. You just keep an address over here to try and make yourself look cool but then you spend half your time hanging out on the wrong side of the tracks with the Claphamites.

Was it as heavy as the Claphamite snow this morning?

2008_0324_110312.jpg

I'll have you know I've been on the other side of the road since 1985 :p

well, you see, you're the only Brixton Hillite who saw it so we must come to the conclusion that you were dreaming/pissed/hallucinating/shaking your dandruff out :p

Well, I am going to come to the conclusion that I was the only Brixton Hillite looking out of their window at 20:08 this evening. I don't want to speculate as to what the rest of you were doing at that time.

Well, I am going to come to the conclusion that I was the only Brixton Hillite looking out of their window at 20:08 this evening. I don't want to speculate as to what the rest of you were doing at that time.

probably watching Max from Eastenders banging his coffin. There was no snow where he was though

Some giving-it-large yup in a ridiculously flash sports car was spotted measuring up around the old Texaco garage on Coldharbour.

*worried

The Number One bar is actually opening on Brixton Road (with a door at the back on Astoria Parade to act as overspill for smokers I guess). Between Amazonica and the Money Transfer place. Its got the martini glass logo they've got at the back and says something about having a pool table. Alas its not called Bar No. 1, and already seems to have a 'no hats and no hoodies' sign up when I walked past (i was wearing both because of the cold weather).

Oh and Tangeir / Bar with no name etc. seems to have opened up as another bar hasn't it?

Oh and Tangeir / Bar with no name etc. seems to have opened up as another bar hasn't it?

Has it got another name then. I wasn't aware it had shut to be honest, although there's little difference between them being open and closed juudging by the number of customers in there. A situation not helped by the gloomy exterior and the hard to see in windows - it's just unwelcoming.

The terminally unpopular Acres seems to have closed down, blowing a hole in theory that an upmarket piano bar selling chicken a la Luther Vandross would go down well in Brixton. And Bar 628 (opposite Tangir) seems to have closed up as well, unless they're only opening weekends now.

Nah, its still got that mispelt sign, but I passed it last night and half the shutters were up and there were people drinking in the gloom inside. I also spotted people moving stuff - furniture and office bobs - out of the shuttered shop next door (with the handwritten signs about some family trust thing, as mentioned on another thread) last week too, so that doesn't seem like its reopening either.

I thought Acres was going for the big wedding audience which evidently wasn't boyant enough in a competitive and cutting edge big wedding market (that and the fact that they used to quote extortionate prices to hire the upstairs space).

Which one was 628? the vegan / ital place that now seems to be a sandwich shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom