Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter part 1 (Nov 2006-June 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any I used Costcutters for over 10 years so I know how nice they are. If I was still going to the White Horse, I'd probably use them again

d'you think? I've always found them rather unpleasant. Sadly now Shiela's seems to have finally gone for good (shame, because although she wasn't cheapest and definitely had the worst choice I liked her very dry humour) the choice is grumpy or grumpy.

FFS, it's 20 metres at most. All the people I know either go to Costcutter or the shifty one nearer Blenheim Gardens; NISA is the most expensive shop on the strip especially for snack food. The Cafes (esp Adam bakery) knock out bigger, fresher sandwiches at a quid less!!!

Also, if Costcutter have a promo item they
a. tend to have it in stock, and,
b. sell it you at the price advertised in the promo without giving ytou some bullshit about "oh sorry the barcode was wrong". :mad:

The guys in NISA always seem the friendliest to me. And they quite often let me off if I'm a few pence short, and stuff like that.

d'you think? I've always found them rather unpleasant. Sadly now Shiela's seems to have finally gone for good (shame, because although she wasn't cheapest and definitely had the worst choice I liked her very dry humour) the choice is grumpy or grumpy.

well maybe not, just John. He's always been nice

Definitely prefer Nisa guys

grumpy and nosey :D

nosey? I don't go to Nisa often, but the blokes in Premiere are always on the phone, do they break off their conversation to be nosey?

What can they practically do to stop them getting back in?
They've stuck a metal door on the flat they were using as their shooting gallery. The fire door's off its hinges but wedged back in place so they can't get through easily - and if they try they make such a noise that I'm down there sharpish telling them to fuck right off out of it.

They've stuck a metal door on the flat they were using as their shooting gallery. The fire door's off its hinges but wedged back in place so they can't get through easily - and if they try they make such a noise that I'm down there sharpish telling them to fuck right off out of it.

Presumably it was an empty flat?

Worth keeping an eye on it if so. Lambeth are very good at sealing those places - but for some reason seem unable to get them back into use quickly.

nosey? I don't go to Nisa often, but the blokes in Premiere are always on the phone, do they break off their conversation to be nosey?

Sheila was always interrogating me. Put me on edge. Obviously she was just being polite but... :D

Where's Premiere?

I went into Pullens in Hern Hill earlier and had the joy of listening to the owner slag off pretty much his entire staff over the phone of 30 minutes. "I dont care if she doesnt want to work sunday's she'll do as she's told etc etc". He was sitting at the bar doing his accounts. knob.

I went into Pullens in Hern Hill earlier and had the joy of listening to the owner slag off pretty much his entire staff over the phone of 30 minutes. "I dont care if she doesnt want to work sunday's she'll do as she's told etc etc". He was sitting at the bar doing his accounts. knob.

i've seen that a few times before...many years ago me and a fellow skint mate were in there enjoying a cheap happy hour beer...the owner (well within earshot) was muttering to his mates about "f-ing students" and looking over at us. i dont go in there much any more.

Brixton snow!

snow-brixton.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom