Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter part 1 (Nov 2006-June 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it goes up stockwell road, up clapham road then rejoins the usual route at the oval.

Really annoying if your commute involves getting the bus from Brixton to Elephant since it makes one of the two bus routes that I can take 10 minutes longer.

I'm sure this is good for the residents of Clapham road, just annoying for me.

Really annoying if your commute involves getting the bus from Brixton to Elephant since it makes one of the two bus routes that I can take 10 minutes longer.

I'm sure this is good for the residents of Clapham road, just annoying for me.

But you've got a new option for that route, the 415, so you're no worse off than before, are you?

But you've got a new option for that route, the 415, so you're no worse off than before, are you?

415?

hm, I think I may have seen that somewhere the other day but I can't remember where :confused:

Ah, 415 between Tulse Hill and Elephant & Castle via Brixton, from Saturday 8 March 2008

Well that's definitely needed. Have always felt sorry for people on Tulse Hill and their lack of buses

Is it me or are the potholes on Brixton Road getting deeper? Was there attemptive road works this weekend? The one outside Barnardo's could house an ogre.

Is it me or are the potholes on Brixton Road getting deeper? Was there attemptive road works this weekend? The one outside Barnardo's could house an ogre.

Both!

A couple of the not too bad ones (e.g. by the bridge) have been filled in a bit.

But TFL & Lambeth are rubbish at looking at it from the point of view of the cyclist so often their repairs don't actually fix things. In this case both Stockwell road & Brixton road are TFL if you want to complain.

I got a puncture from one in Brixton road a few weeks back - really annoyingly just at the start of my commute...

extra walking :oops:

FFS, it's 20 metres at most. All the people I know either go to Costcutter or the shifty one nearer Blenheim Gardens; NISA is the most expensive shop on the strip especially for snack food. The Cafes (esp Adam bakery) knock out bigger, fresher sandwiches at a quid less!!!

Also, if Costcutter have a promo item they
a. tend to have it in stock, and,
b. sell it you at the price advertised in the promo without giving ytou some bullshit about "oh sorry the barcode was wrong". :mad:

FFS, it's 20 metres at most. All the people I know either go to Costcutter or the shifty one nearer Blenheim Gardens; NISA is the most expensive shop on the strip especially for snack food. The Cafes (esp Adam bakery) knock out bigger, fresher sandwiches at a quid less!!!

Also, if Costcutter have a promo item they
a. tend to have it in stock, and,
b. sell it you at the price advertised in the promo without giving ytou some bullshit about "oh sorry the barcode was wrong". :mad:

20 meters is a long walk for short people :mad:

I won't use that one near Blenheim Gardens since they accused me of owing them £5. I even found the receipt in my bag but I just thought fuck 'em. Plus I don't particularly like one of them that's in there :D

Any I used Costcutters for over 10 years so I know how nice they are. If I was still going to the White Horse, I'd probably use them again

Both!

I got a puncture from one in Brixton road a few weeks back - really annoyingly just at the start of my commute...

Its not the punctures that really worry me, it was watching the person cycling in front of me bunny hop to avoid it, putting them right in the path of the bus that was following us.

Its not the punctures that really worry me, it was watching the person cycling in front of me bunny hop to avoid it, putting them right in the path of the bus that was following us.

Ouch. :eek:

It really gets on my tits that when 'fixmystreet' sends an email to Lambeth to tell them there's a problem they simply tell me that I've emailed the wrong organisation rather than passing the information on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom