Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter part 1 (Nov 2006-June 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
twisted said:

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, this is him (with his shorts)

sinnerorwinner.jpg

Someone in the Albert got nicked last night for having removed the wires from a shop alarm that had been going off for ages. 5 police marched in and grabbed him.

yeah - he went on fucking tour last year - or more likely went on holiday and then naffed off to ruin some poor antipod's day while the wife and kids hit the beach.

Couple of days ago the police chased somebody into my neighbour's house on Coldharbour lane (it's half built) and were clumping around our house and next door searching for him....

Bob said:
Couple of days ago the police chased somebody into my neighbour's house on Coldharbour lane (it's half built) and were clumping around our house and next door searching for him....
Ah yes. The Perpetually Unfinished House built from bits of rubble and old bricks!

Crispy said:
:) Not Auckland.

It's Sydney

This from B3TA website:

WINNER OR SINNER NOT IN SYDNEY - Okay, it turns out that he is. A couple of weeks ago we ran a pic of Oxford Street's famous, shouting preacher apparently in Sydney. Last week reader Rosalita informed us that we were wrong: He was ctually in Melbourne. This week virtually our entire Australian readership chimed in to tell us that, yes, the photo is of Sydney and that Rosalita had made the schoolboy error of mistaking the Queen Victoria Building for Flinders Street Station. Bah.

Thanks all for helping us out with that and sorry not to name names - it would make the newsletter about twice as long."

Minnie_the_Minx said:
They're talking about where that picture of the "winner or sinner" man was taken. It was in Australia
And I found it without B3ta - googled the shop signs and picked out the road on google maps :p

Anyway, Brixton...

Minnie_the_Minx said:
They're talking about where that picture of the "winner or sinner" man was taken. It was in Australia

Do you just need an ASBO rather than full crim status to get into Australia these days?

The Two Woodcocks is becoming a Portuguese bar and restaurant... which is potentially very exciting for our little corner of Brixton!! :)

gaijingirl said:
The Two Woodcocks is becoming a Portuguese bar and restaurant... which is potentially very exciting for our little corner of Brixton!! :)

WHAT! They're not happy with Stockwell, now they're overtaking Brixton :eek: :D

Minnie_the_Minx said:
WHAT! They're not happy with Stockwell, now they're overtaking Brixton :eek: :D

Well it does seem that way - the little Portuguese fruit and veg shop a few doors down (Nunes) has become less and less a grocer's shop and more of a cafe. So we will now have two Portuguese eateries on the parade. :)

gaijingirl said:
Well it does seem that way - the little Portuguese fruit and veg shop a few doors down (Nunes) has become less and less a grocer's shop and more of a cafe. So we will now have two Portuguese eateries on the parade. :)

Portugeezers are taking over the place :mad:

Minnie_the_Minx said:
Portugeezers are taking over the place :mad:

Two words.... "custard tarts"!!! :D

(actually not to mention the great veg, lovely cheese, fantastic olive oil, dirt cheap beans, freshly brewed coffee etc etc etc etc....)

gaijingirl said:
Two words.... "custard tarts"!!! :D

(actually not to mention the great veg, lovely cheese, fantastic olive oil, dirt cheap beans, freshly brewed coffee etc etc etc etc....)

two words - high cholesterol :(

They can take their custard tarts and shovel them :mad: ;)

And the steam train just went past again, on the track that runs parallel with Coldharbour lane.

*unzips anorak

I can you that it was a Merchant Navy class loco pulling coaches in Southern green

*zips up anorak and leaves promptly

Minnie_the_Minx said:
two words - high cholesterol

They can take their custard tarts and shovel them :mad: ;)

Oh well I'm excited about it - so go and piss on someone else's bonfire...:mad: :D

We can add it to Khans and Peppers and Spice for local places to get nice food. It's a shame to lose a pub but The Two Woodcocks wasn't exactly renowned for its popularity so the fact it's becoming a Portuguese restaurant - not an estate agents, nail bar or fried chicken shop is good enough for me. Plus Portuguese restaurants are generally really lively so hopefully it will add to the atmosphere of the parade :)

editor said:
And the steam train just went past again, on the track that runs parallel with Coldharbour lane.

*unzips anorak

I can you that it was a Merchant Navy class loco pulling coaches in Southern green

*zips up anorak and leaves promptly

It rolled into Victoria as I was waiting for my train back to Brixton, instantly transforming the place from humdrum commuterishness to atmospheric splendour.

Twas the most beautiful thing I saw all day.

Apparently, there are more Portugese people here in South London than anywhere else apart from Portugal.

Also, apparently, on every plane that leaves Portogual, about half the passengers are emigrating.

Apparently. According to a friend who is plugged into the Portugese community in Stockwell.

story said:
Apparently, there are more Portugese people here in South London than anywhere else apart from Portugal.

That's true. The Portuguese have been here for decades and Stockwell is the biggest Portuguese community outside of Portugal.

Did you know see the amount of Portuguese flags when the footie was on?

Luckily, I can pretend to support them if they're winning as I have a Portuguese surname ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom