Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter part 1 (Nov 2006-June 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
teuchter said:
A window blew off our house on Brixton Hill the other night....

slates flew off my sister's roof yesterday and smashed her conservatory up. The poor dog, home alone, must have been shitting himself :(

Me and my mum saw some woman getting arrested in the market about a week ago. She was making a right royal fuss going "ow OWWW my hand oww stop it".

Not quite Brixton, but there was a murder tent and overalled forensic detectives at the doorway of Save The Children in Vauxhall this morning. I wonder what's up. Does anyone know?

well i work by Kennington Tube and my old flat was about 2 minutes from South Lambeth Road. And it was a 15-20 minute work from one to the other. :)

and all that without recourse to postcodes :D

The man at the veg stall I bought some mangos from this morning was too stoned to cope and gave me back all my money as my change. Luckily for him I'm honest.

there are two very cold looking

parakeets in the trees next to the Lido this afternoon, screeching away to themselves. How do they survive this weather?

A troupe(?) gang (?) - what is the collective noun?, of Hare Krishnas were dancing up and down Brixton High Street today. They danced their way into M&S but only got about 10 foot in before they were shooed straight back out again laughing and smiling. Somehow they always cheer me up. :)

It's all go in Brixton today. There're about 10 police with dogs in the tube - another few outside the entrance and loads more up and down the street.

PLUS the hare krishnas are back - with those headphone microphone things - sort of techno-krishna-crats!!! We just need to get the Korean Christians back with their keyboard and it will be a right old sing-a-long.

there is also the really insane black religious group who all dressed up like death metalers but unfortunatly there perfomance was only sartorial

I have a question perhaps one of you can help me with. At various spots in Brixton there are road signs mentioning 'Brixton Centre Multi-storey carpark' I've lived in Brixton 15 years and have never seen it. Is there one? Was there ever? The signs went up since I've lived here, are they just wrong?

Papingo said:
I have a question perhaps one of you can help me with. At various spots in Brixton there are road signs mentioning 'Brixton Centre Multi-storey carpark' I've lived in Brixton 15 years and have never seen it. Is there one? Was there ever? The signs went up since I've lived here, are they just wrong?
It's this monstrosity on Station Road.

06.jpg

thank you. I've looked a map now, Brixton station road, I presume, that has a P sign. I might go down there and have a look. I'll search out the popes road toilets while i'm there! :)

Papingo said:
thank you. I've looked a map now, Brixton station road, I presume, that has a P sign. I might go down there and have a look. I'll search out the popes road toilets while i'm there! :)
They're a major attraction according to the signs :) (pope's road is that little road that joins Station to Atlantic going under the railway)

wow, it shows how people's experiences of an area differ innit. i've lived in brixton for less than a year but i could have found the car park and pope's road toilets easy. but i haven't heard of lots of other things!

Well I lived on Acre Lane, now Brixton Hill, and I just haven't had much occasion to go far down station road. Just how it is.

I could show you where the windmill is though. :)

Does anyone know what is going on in Millbrook Road? Most of the house look (at least from Barrington road) as if they're sitexed up.

Grim looking accident on Kennington Park Road this morning, road closed both ways. It's got to be bad when even the motorbike has a blanket over it.

I saw the car park last night! Was out at the Hive and took a tiny diversion specially. Forgot about the toilets though.

We had two cubs trotting along together in our street the other night. Since Danny Reynard got knocked down last year, our street has been foxless.

-------

A Hare Krishna monk came to our door yesterday and rang the bell. He said "Hello, I'm monk," and smiled. Then he tried to sell us a vegan cookery book.

I got the fright of my life the first time I heard foxes shagging outside. I was about to call the police and report someone for torturing a baby.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom