Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BrewDog: yet another hip company using 'rebel' language to sell its stuff

treelover

A storm brewing
BrewDog certainly has a unique way of going about things. First there’s the provocative marketing which has gained the company substantial international coverage.

“We have a terminal addiction to make beers we want to drink. Beer with teeth and balls. Beer we lust for. Crafted beer,” the BrewDog website reads. “Experimentation is our Art. Revolution is our weapon. And revolutions aren’t made on formula. They just rip the t**s off convention.”

The website, product packaging and advertising slogans continue in the same vein.
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/br...ade-a-fortune-from-better-beer-131021601.html

Seems to be a growing trend this 'rebel sell' type of marketing, this time its a brewery called Brewdog with beers named such as Punk IPA, I have no idea about its business practices and workers conditions, but it is so blantant, the niche it is using.

In 2009 Watt and Dickie effectively gambled the company’s future by launching the innovative “Equity for Punks” scheme and becoming a public limited company (PLC). Under the scheme shares in the company were sold online in a scheme fully authorised by the Financial Services Authority.

Beer lovers responded enthusiastically and more than 1,300 people invested in what BrewDog calls its “anti-business business model”, raising £700,000.

silly comment, they are already a large entitity

My housemate went to their pub and brought home a little pamphlet thing they'd given him. It was the most infuriating aspirational bollocks i'd ever read.

"You're original, not like everyone else, so don't drink the same drinks as them, drink ours, cause we're, like, punky and shit, yeah?"

Fuck 'em.

54c185eb-f336-4110-ba00-8069af5af2a9_Brewdog-AGM_0642bw.jpg

apparently a shareholders meeting

Punk IPA is quite nice, but I'd be embarrassed to buy it because of its ridiculous name (who wants to be associated with US prison catamites? Not me anyway) & the infuriating aspirational bollocks.

I think there is a brewdog pub near the quayside in Newcastle, seemed to be quite cheap if I remember correctly. Then again every pub outside of London seems cheap to me.

was in the boozer the other night...place full of people who look like complete cunts...although didnt speak to anyone so they could have been very nice people...the beer was well fuckin lovely, and pretty much what ya would pay in any pub like that....they regularly have them as a guest ale in spoons as well. They had a barney with Diagio recently didnt they?

Back
Top Bottom