Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boomtown 2014 - new plans

Couple of comments, never having been there of course! What's with all the people wearing American Indian garb? Latest festival fashion?

And are Alabama 3 STILL ending their set with woke up this morning? Great song tho it is, even they must be fucking tired of hearing it.

Have to say though that those mentions by Tort of severe crowds, overwhelmed/crap bars and shortage of toilets would offput me coming to Boomtown :hmm: -- at least for the time being.

I got worried on Friday when we tried to go and see the Wailers and couldn't get anywhere near the lions den, thankfully these massive crowds were a one off situation, it was fine the rest of the time.

I couldn't really care less about the toilets, plentiful and clean they were not, but it would never put me off going to a festival. I suppose being a male helps, but im sure they will improve this situation for next year, as they do listen to their punters.

I wouldn't have described the wailers as "severe crowds"..... It was very busy though. I saw a freind I knew working for festaxi (I'd met him working with them), and he couldn't turn his buggy around because of the crowds, so I ended up giving him a hand to do that.

I've seen much more dangerous crowds at larger festivals...... the only time I really struggled was in circo baile, but even there it was fine once you got through the concentration in the doorway, but it was just too hot too stay in there. Thats the real criticism I have of things in tents is the heat, they've sorted it out in the bodyshop, 3 years ago it was seriously dangerously hot in there for bong ra (I think).

Sound levels, temperatures would be my only gripe, I even though the shitters were ok.

secrets of the city
From all across the UK and Europe over 150 individual creative collectives unite to build an interactive world like none other ...
The 'Secrets of the City' footage highlights the hidden streets, random walkabouts and magical memories from the last instalment of the Fair that may now feel like a dream you’re not certain you actually experienced! Here you can relive a snippet of the wonderment from our greatest chapter to date!!

Yeah it all seems very fair feedback..... except people complaining about the weather, :facepalm:
tbf the question just asked something about what the least enjoyable things were - if the weather scored highly enough to be second only to Shaggy then they're obviously doing alright :D

Not surprised toilets were probably their worst feature, followed by the lack of info about where things were. Have big fuck off maps inside the gates like at Glastonbury, that'd be a good start

I thought the toilets were great, it's good to see Glastonbury have thousands of compost loos too. Better hand washing is what we need a festivals now.

I thought the toilets were great, it's good to see Glastonbury have thousands of compost loos too. Better hand washing is what we need a festivals now.
Think they acknowledged that the toilets were better in some areas than others. I certainly heard enough complaints to suggest certain campsites had some difficult experiences

Back
Top Bottom