Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boomtown 2019

And it looks like there'll be even more acts to come :eek: :

Boomtown Fair said:
Head to the artist pages to find out about all the other 100+ artists announced so far and stay tuned for the individual district line-up announcements every Friday and Tuesday from 15th February where we will announce the rest of the artists and full details on the whopping 8 newly upgraded stages! x

In fact I know of at least one band, not on the above poster, who'll be playing in what was the Wild West area, they told me they'd be at Boomtown themselves last weekend.

How many acts are actually capable of fitting into Boomtown and its schedule? Blimey O'Reilly! :cool:,

Last edited:
as much as i love Boomtown, thats just another load of marketing bollocks. last year's 'world first' involved sticking some bits of foam behind several 10,000 - 20,000 capacity dance stages FFS :D

sooner or later they need to admit that the festival has now grown too big for the site.

So true, The last few years they have been releasing guff about how the sound is going to be louder, curiously however the sound levels they are permitted have not increased....:p

Think i am going to go this year after a break last. Shocked at ticket prices mind, shall have to try and get a crew discounted jobbie.

I suspect they'll probably be trying to use that new baffling thats been develop which are triangular constructions that go over stacks, most predominantly bass stacks as bass is pretty omnidirectional and spills every which way.

I've seen it used, personally I don't think it works, but I've not seen it used on boomtown scale.

Not long now :D :cool:
Forecast at this early stage looks OKish/could-be-worse-ish ;) :)

Now booked a guest hiuse stay (above a pub, but not a very good one ;) ) for my mate and self in Winchester, for Wednesday next week, which will enable us to get on site quite early on Thursday :)
But a promised lift from Swansea from another mate fell through (as did his crew job :( ), so the train will now be well-pricey :mad: -- oh well, it'll be after payday, and it'll be a bloody good full-on holiday, so worth it!! :p

Last edited:
well , I've got a crew / guest ticket ,hopefully a downtown crew vehicle pass but no vehicle ( got a car but not a place to stay , although i have done it sleeping in the car before ) ,got the time off work , Thurs - Tues , but also got a raging toothache and not much money, so I'm really not sure if i am going to go. need to make up my mind as to whether I sell my ticket or not.

Although I only live 25 mins away from the site so could well commute for a couple of the days, decisions eh....?

Day trips sound like a good compromise :) if you can't face it full on.

I'm dreading staying in an actual tent :hmm: for about the first time in three years :eek: -- I'm used to van-luxury now, but not this time :eek:

Day trips sound like a good compromise :) if you can't face it full on.

I'm dreading staying in an actual tent :hmm: for about the first time in three years :eek: -- I'm used to van-luxury now, but not this time :eek:
yeah , I couldnt get the van I sorted out for glastonbury for boom, but I still may have a master plan....
( means crawling to some relatives who have a campervan to see if they would rent it to me for the week....)

yeah , I couldnt get the van I sorted out for glastonbury for boom, but I still may have a master plan....
( means crawling to some relatives who have a campervan to see if they would rent it to me for the week....)
just found out the van hasnt moved in years or i could have had it :(

Bad news, but I hope you can get on site anyway.

Friday looking worst for rain at the moment, but Sat's and Sun's forecasts look a fair bit better :)

If anyone is looking for a last minute ticket I have one from a mate who can no longer attend. PM me.

Probably take a few days before everyone regains full cerebral functionality :D
:D So true!

Fabulous time in terms of exploring a superb site and all the brilliant choice of bands/DJs/entertainment.

Very annoyed though with the extreme gales (lucky with low level of rain though, tbf).
And even more pissed off with the utterly crap choice of 'beer' and cider in most bars, all at utterly extortionate prices :mad:

I'm beyond knackered after sleeping in a tent for the first time in three years :oops: .... </pampered van-dweller at other fests :p > ... The hills were a bit of a shock too </newbie :D >

More soon :)

Back
Top Bottom