Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boomtown 2022

There hasnt been much sympathy on line from some of the younger clientele. Im not sure they understand how it works and that Boomtown, of all people, are not and never were out to make a quick buck out of this phenomenally difficult time for the industry. :mad:

There hasnt been much sympathy on line from some of the younger clientele. Im not sure they understand how it works and that Boomtown, of all people, are not and never were out to make a quick buck out of this phenomenally difficult time for the industry. :mad:
I have less sympathy because we are still in far too uncertain times. There is sensible risk taking and being dumb in desperation, how much did the money collection and refund exercise cost?
I'd have given them a non-refundable donation like I have for Shambino, at £40 its not huge but its not nothing either. This might have given them a bit of financial stability and they could have put it on? Shambino sold out in 1 day with that £40 risk.

Anyone wanting a ticket? It's sold out. A friend has one, incl. coach travel from London.

There may be another ticket too, waiting to hear if it's already gone.

But tbh it can be quite a physically challenging site, hilly, it's in Matterley Bowl, so once you're down where the action is, everywhere else (camping) is up! No getting round that.

I just love it though. It's such a brilliant festival. Anarchic in parts, lots that's political, environmental, queer, oh all the good things. And the visual spectacle of it. And the range of music (not all DnB, also folk, punk, ska, reggae, metal, etc etc). Sound people. Good crew. Messy.

Giving it a miss this year, but intrigued to see how it all goes, with the huge changes apparently planned. No doubt its been a challenging time with covid and inflation so really hope the pull it out of the bag. I'm sure they will.

Anyone going next weekend? Just noticed on the website that it's cash/card free this year, you've got set up an account and pay for things via the RFID chip in your wristband. As I got the tickets so long ago and with no line up to look at I've not been paying much attention.

Anyone going next weekend? Just noticed on the website that it's cash/card free this year, you've got set up an account and pay for things via the RFID chip in your wristband. As I got the tickets so long ago and with no line up to look at I've not been paying much attention.
Yep.

Only got my ticket Friday (I'm crew, it's always this late), and haven't been able to do my cashless thing yet (needs your ticket number), and I'm in a field with little signal currently. I'll find a way.

I arrive on site tomorrow.

Urban meet at the Bad Apple if there's a few of us? If it still exists.

I’m going. They say it’s very easy to use the cash less thing. Bit annoying. I am usually a cash carrier.

Boomtown, you did not disappoint! All the naysayers were wrong about the changes, imo. Had an absolute blast, I think they really pulled it off. More later, when I've recovered a bit more :D

1660632476554.png1660632513991.png1660632549055.png1660632616605.png1660632666506.png

(I didn't take as many pics as usual, of wandering around the site, cos it was too bloody hot for faffing with a camera!).

Boomtown, you did not disappoint! All the naysayers were wrong about the changes, imo. Had an absolute blast, I think they really pulled it off. More later, when I've recovered a bit more :D

View attachment 337910View attachment 337911View attachment 337912View attachment 337913View attachment 337914

(I didn't take as many pics as usual, of wandering around the site, cos it was too bloody hot for faffing with a camera!).

My eldest went and I've just had a similar report, she said it was absolutely fantastic, friendly, weird, brilliant fun. She's had a ticket since she was 18, and because of the pandemic had to wait til she was 21 to go to her first proper festival. I really felt for her because she missed out on festivals during her 18, 19, and 20 years...so I was thrilled and incredibly pleased to hear how good it was!

In fact, the way she described it (like a huge gathering of friendly like-minded freaks) really makes me want to go, sounds like my kind of festival!

Can't believe I've never been given it's 10 mins drive from me.

It just struck me as a younger people's festival with too much dancey stuff for me, and too big Turns out there's a punk stage too. :thumbs:

Now mrs mx wants to go, we'll be there next year. (a mate of hers is one of the christian counsellors who wander round trying to save teenagers who are off their faces - she has talked mrs mx into going)

Seen some hideous reports of how the bar staff were treated this year. Absolutely vile. Same company they used in 2019 with similar “issues” so they have no excuse.

Back
Top Bottom