Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black tea (bag) that doesnt leave 'scum' in the cup

The change you need is clearly a move to an area with normal water.
dont talk soft
TMLkwF0z_400x400.jpg

It is limescale due to high concentration in London water.

If you get stained cups from tea, the best way to deal with it is to put a teaspoon of bicarb in the cup and fill it with cold water, leave to stand overnight - lifts the stains right out, just needs to be rinsed out the next day

Have I inadvertently wandered into the middle of a cheese/beans kind of thing?? I thought I had the answer to the problem but I clearly should have just backed the fuck off :D

tea bag and milk should never touch.

and putting the milk in that soon means the tea is not infusing in boiling water properly

although if you had suggested milk then tea bag then boiling water it would have been more than a :(

and putting the milk in that soon means the tea is not infusing in boiling water properly

although if you had suggested milk then tea bag then boiling water it would have been more than a :(

All that may be true but it gets rid of the gross film, so.

You might find the gong fu method of making tea releases less tannins because of the short infusions, but
Milk should not touch ANY kind of tea - if it NEEDS milk it isn't worth drinking.
Milk use grew out of inferior Indian-grown tea and fragile china. For many years it was almost de riguer to add sugar too.

When I make a pot of tea I always heat the pot by filling it with hot water. I then empty it and put in the tea. I use one spoonful per cup and one for the pot. I then top it up with the appropriate quantity of boiling water. I then brew it for between 3 and 5 minutes depending on type and desired strength.

This is the proper way to make tea.

My Dad reckons sugar makes a difference. My Mum never had sugar in her tea and didn't get a stained mug, whereas he always did. Same tea, same cups, same milk, same water... Hardly ever have black tea myself so despite not having sugar when i do can't really say..

Only takes a minute to clean a heavily stained mug with hot soapy water and a sponge-scourer though. When someone gives me a drink in one of their long term stained mugs I like to (self-righteously)give it back better than I found it..

Is a stained cup a bad thing? It is stained with the "taste" of tea rather the being tainted with fairy, bicarb or whatever.

And milk and sugar.. Don't always use soap - when do it's eco stuff. But yeah fair point..

To clarify, I'm far from a clean freak - just the odd thing like this...

Back
Top Bottom