Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bit Torrents For Dummies

easy g said:
christ...forgot all about this!

still going spare?

Oh yeah (so did I) - yeah PM me and I'll send you the link - you can download it from their website with serial no. and updates. (I'll have to send you the info when I get home - about 8-9 tonight). It's got antivirus as well.
I replaced it with Norton when I was having problems but the problem turned out to be something else (wrong jumper on my new HD) so it works fine, it's just going to waste.

flickerx said:
Cant seem to access it... anyone else having problems?

I miss it!!!

yeah none of my torrents are connecting to the tracker and I can't get into the site. Worrying - best site out there at the mo. :confused: Try mininova in the mean time...

Was fine last night (about midnight), and I'm still connected to the tracker this morning - but the site seems to be down.

I reckon it's a server problem more than anything else - it's always been a bit shaky and slow...

dogmatique said:
Was fine last night (about midnight), and I'm still connected to the tracker this morning - but the site seems to be down.

I reckon it's a server problem more than anything else - it's always been a bit shaky and slow...

Yeah the site is always on the verge of collapse (shame) but its never been completely gone like it is now. You get a 'too many requests' error ordinarily.

If anyone hears anything about it, let me know. I dont have any contacts for the likes of askbollen, dbdbdbdb, magowl, who were active on the site.

KG still gone.

Still no sign of KG out there.

I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms. Can anyone reccomend a similar, small, login-required tracker, that has lots of obscure films and documentaries? I had a look at mininova but... its just not as nice.

I just missed getting into that mac tracker (at the top of this page) by about 3 seconds - I forgot to fill in my email and had to press back and missed it :( - it was on 14,999 members when I arrived. Damn.

KG back!

karagarga is back... nice one!

I was getting a bit panicky there.

Is there anywhere you can donate to them via paypal or something?

Karagarga news....

just found this post from Karagarga himself on delerium vaults..he says this
KaraGarga said:
Hi,

I was not online for 5 days (i was away to see my family) and back yesterday.

We're trying to solve the DNS issue, probably solved today (if it's not about Turkey's general ISP crisis.)

Sorry but KG not death yet (and if it'll die one day, i'll notice every user).

temp access to KG

You can access KG while the DNS problem is being solved, this was posted by dbdbdbdb on the delerium vault bbs:

TEMPORARY SOLUTION

This will enable you to properly leech and seed torrents from the KaraGarga ******* until the DNS issues are fixed.

You will need to edit your hosts file and add KG's IP address to it.

The file can be found in:
1. Windows NT/2000/XP Pro c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Windows 95/98/Me c:\windows\hosts
Windows XP Home c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

2. All Unices, Linux and MacOS X:
/etc/hosts
(you will need the root password to edit it)

Add the following line to the end of the file:
Code:

213.204.66.155 www.karagarga.com

After that, try accessing http://www.karagarga.com/ and have fun.

Ive just come accross this site.

www.audionews.ru

Its one for the gear whores among us. Seriously though, There doesnt seem to be anything you cant get from this as far as music making goes. You do have to maintane a high upload limit so it might not be for everyone, but they are taking newbies at the moment.

:)

Ok so everything was going really well with my ABC client untill now. Now its decided that its not going to let me close it down with out crashing. Everytime I close it, it becomes non-responsive. Then when its booted back up again it has to do a hash check of everything im seeding. This takes ages as some of the files are rather large.
Dont know what to do?

BootyLove said:
What's this?
Is it pure a leecher only program, ie does't upload?

(I'm at work so can't use it yet - just curious)

It does various things, but the most useful is it allows you to fake upload. I don't use it often, I just faked 300 gig of upload on a few private sites, as I can't be bothered waiting for torrents / power user status etc. Not uploading at all is fairly pointless.

I feel cheated, been downloading the whole of series 6 of Southpark. Got upto 75% downloaded, had to turn off the puter. Gone back to the site and started downloading again I even showed the bittorrent where the other 75% is, and my download has starteded again (well seems to have) usally it know how much is downloaded and just carries on. Well thats how it is on UKnova. Am i doing something wrong?

it's definitely not just checking it?

you haven't moved the files? renamed folders or anything? you tried removing the current torrent and downloading it afresh?

hmmmmm :confused:

easy g said:
it's definitely not just checking it?

you haven't moved the files? renamed folders or anything? you tried removing the current torrent and downloading it afresh?

hmmmmm :confused:

No not checking it, usally it find the files it's self this time I had to show it but it's definately in the same folder. I'm still getting used to using my computer, I probably fucked up, just never managed to do so before.

Dandred said:
No not checking it, usally it find the files it's self this time I had to show it but it's definately in the same folder. I'm still getting used to using my computer, I probably fucked up, just never managed to do so before.

From now on, use a client like Azureus (google that mother), which auto-restarts your downloads when you reload the client.

Dandred said:

From now on, use a client like Azureus (google that mother), which auto-restarts your downloads when you reload the client.

Back
Top Bottom