Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has Chrome become a bit pants ?

My install of Chrome has stopped loading pages today. Nothing's been changed. Just 'processing request' for ever and ever.
Works fine if I use it in incognito mode - which is a pain.

Any suggestions?
/from Firefox/
Had exactly the same issue recently. I think it's a cache issue, seems to be a widely noted bug. I find it goes away if I delete the cache only to return a few days later. So I switched back to Firefox which does seem much improved.

Had exactly the same issue recently. I think it's a cache issue, seems to be a widely noted bug. I find it goes away if I delete the cache only to return a few days later. So I switched back to Firefox which does seem much improved.

Cheers - trying that now. Am generally loathe to do this, beacause lazy/passwords/etc.
1593760704481.png
Nope - still effed. Uninstalling/Reinstalling - see if that works - then its turn all extensions off, back on one at a time :mad: pain in the arse :)

Since I got my iPad I’ve used safari exclusively on it. It seems to work better than Chrome on my phone and laptop. I fear I might have been lulled into a false sense of security though. Is it really as good as it seems?

I've had same with Firefox for the last couple of weeks - I think it's a tab hanging up/conflicting with one of my ad blockers. They did an update that seems (hopefully) to have sorted it now though.

... and companies who were making reeeeeally high quality products that were taken over by new management and are now making crap for the same price. But the spinoff company is producing the old reeeeeeeeally high quality products again. I know it does happen, I just doubt they're the ones necessarily advertising on Youtube.

According to mum-tat (who uses an android tablet some of the time) there has been an update of android firefox this week, and she is massively pussed off with it - says that 'bookmarks' is well hidden (she tends to concentrate on a small number of sites) and it automatically clears all logins every time she closes it (without an option not to - since she lives alone and doesn't do anything sensitive on there, that's a bit crap)

i tend to do mobile phone updates once a week (and haven't experienced it yet)

this forum seems fairly typical of what i can find on the web - seems to be most people saying it's shit

is it really that much of a balls up?

anyone care to suggest an alternative that will suit an ageing and not very technical mum-tat? (or if it really is that shit, for me as well)

I've been using Edge for almost a month now. It seems a little quicker than Chrome but I can't see any other benefits.

My PC crashed twice recently and it happened once on a work PC while I was streaming music - and Firefox is the most significant recent update - certainly at home where I deferred all the Windows ones ...
First time I've had to use the reset button in a very long time.

According to mum-tat (who uses an android tablet some of the time) there has been an update of android firefox this week, and she is massively pussed off with it - says that 'bookmarks' is well hidden (she tends to concentrate on a small number of sites) and it automatically clears all logins every time she closes it (without an option not to - since she lives alone and doesn't do anything sensitive on there, that's a bit crap)
Yes the new Firefox/Android update is a bit shit. If she only uses a few sites, she could keep them all open on individual tabs which would make it much quicker than using bookmarks, which are definitely harder to get to on the new version. My logins are kept after closing, so maybe there is a setting somewhere.

Yes the new Firefox/Android update is a bit shit. If she only uses a few sites, she could keep them all open on individual tabs which would make it much quicker than using bookmarks, which are definitely harder to get to on the new version. My logins are kept after closing, so maybe there is a setting somewhere.

Thanks.

Think I'll have to risk the update on my mobile and try and work it out

i tend to do mobile phone updates once a week (and haven't experienced it yet)

this forum seems fairly typical of what i can find on the web - seems to be most people saying it's shit

is it really that much of a balls up?

anyone care to suggest an alternative that will suit an ageing and not very technical mum-tat? (or if it really is that shit, for me as well)
And why the hell did they just move the address bar to the bottom of the screen by default?

I think it's for young people who type with both thumbs. It was the first thing I changed.
I've now discovered the "Recently Closed Tabs" option has been disappeared from History. It's still as easy as ever to accidentally close a tab but now if you don't hit the Undo button with cat-like reactions, that tab is forever lost.

As a result of this thread I've been comparing my ipad to my laptop on which I'm now using Edge. Safari is good, Edge seems a little quicker but not enough to worry about. I'm still using Chrome on my phone. It seems to be the worst, although not really bad. Maybe it's just me.

Back
Top Bottom