Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bit Torrents For Dummies

karagarga is immense... it's going to take me hours to wade through all of the stuff on here: So many bookmarks, so little bandwidth...

I still don't understand this torrents thing.

Is it like something where you watch it 'live' on your computer but don't actually download it?

I just found a guy on Soulseek who had all the red dwarfs as torrents, and the files were tiny. can I download these and then just download a torrents programme and watch red dwarf?

RenegadeDog said:
I still don't understand this torrents thing.

Is it like something where you watch it 'live' on your computer but don't actually download it?

I just found a guy on Soulseek who had all the red dwarfs as torrents, and the files were tiny. can I download these and then just download a torrents programme and watch red dwarf?

Please turn to page 01 of this thread. If you still don't understand I'm not sure what to suggest.

Does anyone know any good mac torrent site's?

Im looking for Pro Audio stuff such as Cubase and Native Instruments.

Also can I use a PC to DL Mac software and then transfer it over via CD or DVD?

Help With Subtitles

just downloaded a copy of Old Boy, packed as a RAR file. when unpacked, it has the main .avi file and two others, as so:

Old.Boy.Dvdrip.Xvid.Sub.avi
Old.Boy.Dvdrip.Xvid.Sub
Old.Boy.Dvdrip.Xvid.Sub.sub

now in a moment of competence before, i've managed to work out how to load sub files using the VLC player (by opening subtitle options and browsing to the .sub file that accompanies the movie).

but with this rip of Old Boy, neither .sub file is working.

so
a) is it a crap rip/torrent
b) am i a moron
c) do i need ANOTHER fucking player
d) fancy a shag?

help...

I'm using Azureus 2.2.2.0.3_B18 on WinXP 512asdl

I've had a bit of a search and can't seem to find any answers. Usually things are fine, mostly green faces etc, speeds vary between good and poor depending on the torrent/swarm.

But every so often everything stops dead, there are still green faces, still figures telling me how many I am connected to but the speeds for d/l and u/l are at 0kB/s

I end up closing Azureus down and restarting it.

Any ideas?

cheers
g

Dubversion said:
a) is it a crap rip/torrent
b) am i a moron
c) do i need ANOTHER fucking player
d) fancy a shag?
a) possibly
b) do you really need that one answered?
c) nah, doubt it
d) er...yeah go on then, i have pretty low standards

no answers for you but if you can't sort it out i've got a decent copy of Old Boy with working subs. if you ask real nice

side note: karagarga - is it always so slow (site, not downloads)? does it go down much? it's nackered for me today.

What firewall are you using? and how many downloads at a time are you running with what broadband speed?

easy g said:
help...

I'm using Azureus 2.2.2.0.3_B18 on WinXP 512asdl

I've had a bit of a search and can't seem to find any answers. Usually things are fine, mostly green faces etc, speeds vary between good and poor depending on the torrent/swarm.

But every so often everything stops dead, there are still green faces, still figures telling me how many I am connected to but the speeds for d/l and u/l are at 0kB/s

I end up closing Azureus down and restarting it.

Any ideas?

cheers
g

zonealarm...it varies between about 2 and 10 downloads

I've tweaked it a little (can't remember what I did though :rolleyes: ) and it seems a little better

Zone Alarm is supposed to have a conflict with Azureus, Easy - some sort of memory leak. Not sure if this is still the case - but you could try a different firewall.

If you have too many downloads at a time - then your upload suffers and people will throw you off their peer group for a time. Your upload speed is pretty important as well for some reason. Check a few websites out for tweaking Azureus - for instance having more than 2 or 3 downloads with a 512kb line really retards the top speed.

easy g said:
zonealarm...it varies between about 2 and 10 downloads

I've tweaked it a little (can't remember what I did though :rolleyes: ) and it seems a little better

probably the number of downloads then...I was aware of the zonealarm issues and it seems fine

like I said, I've tweaked it now and it seems to be a lot better...

cheers :)

easy g said:
probably the number of downloads then...I was aware of the zonealarm issues and it seems fine

like I said, I've tweaked it now and it seems to be a lot better...

cheers :)

I've a spare (legal) brand new copy of Zone Alarm Pro if you're interested :) (I recently changed to Norton), it's going spare.

BootyLove said:
I've a spare (legal) brand new copy of Zone Alarm Pro if you're interested :) (I recently changed to Norton), it's going spare.

christ...forgot all about this!

still going spare?

Back
Top Bottom