Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bit Torrents For Dummies

Football Bittorrent sites

Mrs Karmabum is a Boca Juniors fanatic. Well she's Argentine so what do you expect?

She's been living in the UK for about a year now and has seen few games of her team. This is starting to take it's toll on her and she's getting a little edgy.

Does anyone know of any sites dedicated to downloading football games. Specifically South America football (Boca Juniors)

Cheers

K

easy g said:
so...d/l Cube Zero...turns out it is in rar files and a load of 'r' files...how do I sort this out then? I know what rar files are but not the others...furthermore how do I piece those files together to make one film?

g=numpty...

anyone??

easy g said:

its a relic from the floppy disc days.. a rar file spanned over 1.4meg volumes

any modern compression utility can handle it, winrar powerzip ultimatezip that sorta thing. decompress the first file in the set, itll handle the rest

ok...one more

alliance-robot.stories-xvid.001

there are 49 of these in the folder and it says they are file type 001, 002 etc etc, what do I do with these!?

I'm having trouble producing a decent Upload / download % with the torrents I download. The main reason being, although my download rate can reach speeds of up to 100kB, my upload speed peaks at about 15kB.

I use ABC and have a 1MB bandwidth. The upload settings are set to unlimited when not downloading.

Any ideas?

easy g said:
ok...one more

alliance-robot.stories-xvid.001

there are 49 of these in the folder and it says they are file type 001, 002 etc etc, what do I do with these!?

Sounds like you need winrar - the film has been compressed with a program like winzip - have a look for winrar on the sites you use, download, install and away you go.

KarmaBum said:
I'm having trouble producing a decent Upload / download % with the torrents I download. The main reason being, although my download rate can reach speeds of up to 100kB, my upload speed peaks at about 15kB.

I use ABC and have a 1MB bandwidth. The upload settings are set to unlimited when not downloading.

Any ideas?

The nature of broadband is that there is more download width than upload width but that's a pretty big ratio (and this is exactly why leeching is such a problem on networks, you have to leave it connected once you've finished dling, otherwise you're stealing). My connection recently went up from 512k to 1Mb but I'm getting almost identical results to you.

did someone mention a torrent site that specializes in old/rare films?

cant find it on this thread.. it might have been invite only too, but does anyone know what it is anyway?

ta :)

Karagara is the one that I've recently joined...it's pretty new, formed out of the ashes of DV I think. Specializes in arthouse/cult/classic/rare etc films...only 5000 members I think and it is invites only at the moment, I'm not a power user so I can't invite anyone but you can join their forums and state yr case!

It's new but pretty vibrant and people are obviously into what they are sharing...

KarmaBum said:
Mrs Karmabum is a Boca Juniors fanatic. Well she's Argentine so what do you expect?

She's been living in the UK for about a year now and has seen few games of her team. This is starting to take it's toll on her and she's getting a little edgy.

Does anyone know of any sites dedicated to downloading football games. Specifically South America football (Boca Juniors)

Cheers

K

found this put up today on Torrentbox...Argentinian highlights...they have Argentinan and Spanish Liga highlights every week iirc
Direct link to torrent download

I d/l the ABC client yet I can't seem to find where you can limit your download speed, only your upload speed :confused: durrr! it's maxing it out.

Also, once I've finished downloading all the episodes I'm after, what piece of software can I use to convert them for use on an ordinary dvd player...or will the picture quality be really crap if you are converting from .avi? (I can change the tv picture size on our telly if that makes any difference)

I want to be able to burn a dvd with an interactive menu so you can go straight to certain episodes - I'm using a pc (my mate did it on an iMac using iMovies which it comes with) so I'm keen to <cough!> trial a piece of software.

ta :)

easy g said:
Karagara is the one that I've recently joined...it's pretty new, formed out of the ashes of DV I think. Specializes in arthouse/cult/classic/rare etc films...only 5000 members I think and it is invites only at the moment, I'm not a power user so I can't invite anyone but you can join their forums and state yr case!

It's new but pretty vibrant and people are obviously into what they are sharing...

drool.. giz an invite if/when you get one :)

yeah...i only just stumbled upon novatina...i think it's an old site but there is some stuff to be found there...

torrentbox is another ok public one but depending what you want the private ones are better....

My YABC torrent has stopped working since we moved house :(

It was working fine before but now just sits there saying "Connecting to peers". I really don't understand the interface. The only difference since the move is I'm now connecting directly via our router rather than via an intermediate hub but I can't see how that could make a difference.

Ideas? :confused:

not me...but I know the router is probably the problem from what I've read....

if no-one else comes up with the goods I'll take a look at some of the BT site forums when I get home....

pinkychukkles said:
just managed to sucessfully sign up...

I posted some of the documentaries I'd be able to DivX up for making available to the BBS, so hopefully I'd be able to join soon.

Question on bittorrents though: there's an 8 GB upload limit per month on my broadband. Anything above that and heavy fees kick in. (also have an 8 GB download limit) What way does people connecting to your computer affect this limit? Is it the up or down limit that will be affected by people connecting to my computer to get the films?

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I really dont have a clue about bittorrents, filesharing, P2P, etc. Only got broadband recently.

flickerx said:
I posted some of the documentaries I'd be able to DivX up for making available to the BBS, so hopefully I'd be able to join soon.

Question on bittorrents though: there's an 8 GB upload limit per month on my broadband. Anything above that and heavy fees kick in. (also have an 8 GB download limit) What way does people connecting to your computer affect this limit? Is it the up or down limit that will be affected by people connecting to my computer to get the films?
People connecting to your computer to get a file would be your upload stream.

Which ISP are you with? there are quite a few others that do not have any limits.

Back
Top Bottom