Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biscuitville deserves its own thread.

danny la rouge

More like *fanny* la rouge!
Since lockdown, I’ve become (even) more obsessed with Biscuitville and their fare. How are they coping with lockdown? Do they deliver? Are they still open for drive through? Will they do a vegan option? When will I next get the chance to taste their fare?

1587368678348.jpeg

So, Urban. Let’s talk Biscuitville.

Have you been there? Have you tried to make ‘fresh Southern’ biscuits at home? Where would be a good place for their first UK outlet? What would you add to their menu?

I mean, selfishly I’d like a Biscuitville here in the beating heart of Glasgow. Somewhere on Maryhill Road, probably. There’s a few sites you could fit a drive thru. But I suppose the spiritual home of Urban is Brixton, the Cardiff-upon-Thames that gestated and bore us. Is there an empty pub there they could commandeer? I’d make the pilgrimage for sure.

Since lockdown, I’ve become (even) more obsessed with Biscuitville and their fare. How are they coping with lockdown? Do they deliver? Are they still open for drive through? Will they do a vegan option? When will I next get the chance to taste their fare?

View attachment 207818

So, Urban. Let’s talk Biscuitville.

Have you been there? Have you tried to make ‘fresh Southern’ biscuits at home? Where would be a good place for their first UK outlet? What would you add to their menu?
Homestyle Jizz Biscuit

Are they scones or are they a bit different to scones?

And what does the gravy taste like? Is it bland? Looks quite bland but perhaps peppery?

Having never heard of this place before - I am now a convert. I want a sausage egg and cheese waffle sandwich please
I’m not sure how a Real Urbanz like you has missed Biscuitville, but I’m very glad to have you on board! That’s the spirit!

Waffles. There’s an elegant breakfast food!

Are they scones or are they a bit different to scones?

And what does the gravy taste like? Is it bland? Looks quite bland but perhaps peppery?
I saw frozen biscuits and gravy when I was in the States. It wasn’t veggie, so I didn’t try it. I’m given to understand that the gravy is made by frying bacon bits first, so it has I suppose lardons and bacon fat as its base. Maybe an America poster will enlighten us.

That's not a biscuit they're showing there that's a cake. They're frauds all of them :mad:

The stuff on top is called 'gravy' apparently.

Imagine serving a dish consisting of only two things and neither of those things is the thing it's supposed to be. Like liver and onions but the liver is glazier's putty and the onions are the concept of nostalgia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom