Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best Thames road bridge

What is your favourite bridge?

• Total voters
Not a road bridge I know, but Grosvenor Bridge is my favourite. Sitting in the little shelter reading the paper at Battersea Pier Staff Halt on the southern end always feels splendidly isolated, like being in the middle of nowhere in the middle of London.

dunno really.

any journey that involves crossing the river in a southerly direction is good (I currently do so on my journeys both to and from work)

probably Waterloo Bridge

On a similar vain, Ive always known Balham as gateway to the South, which it has been known as for many years.

In case anyone has a source for this this there's a book called "the ladies bridge" (Waterloo was apparently build by women during the second world war) I'd like to get hold of.
I have a friend who tried to write a paper on it but information is hard to come by.

Surely all Thames bridges are the gateway to South London. And indeed North London.

?

On a similar vain, Ive always known Balham as gateway to the South, which it has been known as for many years.

Its a personal thing with me, I travel down regular on the 137 bus. When we cross the river it feels like we are entering South London.
Its nothing to do with the football team i support either, well maybe a little bit, but the view of Battersea Power Station one side and Albert Bridge the other take some beating.
I dont get the same feeling when i use the other routes ( 45 or 59 amongst others).

I walked on the Millenium Bridge at the weekend and noticed some twats have copied Paris lovebirds and attached padlocks to the structure. I hope they all get dumped forthwith.

1899+Claude+Monet+%2522Charing+Cross+Bridge+in+the+Fog%2522+oil+on+canvas+73+x+92+cm+Art+Gallery+Of+Toronto%252C+Canada.jpg

Charing Cross bridge in the fog. Monet.

The mighty Albert Bridge

1609685775806.png

1609685786164.png

Back
Top Bottom