Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best riff ever

They're actually a very riffy band when you think about it.

Flat of Angles
How I Wrote Elastic Man
Iceland
I'm Into C B
Garden
Who Makes the Nazis
Dr Faustus

The list goes on and on. But Smile's their genius one IMO.

Last edited:
Here's a niche krautrock tune with a couple of ultra down beat riffs.

I'm going to pretend I know what I'm talking about and say it's in a Locrian mode. (If I'm right that makes it a very rare beast).

dont think ive ever looked at live clips of nirvana before - never got into the albums - they were really on fire here - ended up playing the whole set - must've been great to see in their prime - new found respect

It's Grohl's drumming that always stands out for me with their live stuff. The flam he puts on everything, sounds almost like a studio effect.

I remember being blown away by his drumming in the Queens of the Stone Age set from Glastonbury 2002 (plenty of really good riffs in it too fwiw)

Reactions: Ax^
with all respect to Metallica aside from that t-shirt you spent you teens living in was a health hazard not a fashion statement

they managed to fuck up this riff

dont think ive ever looked at live clips of nirvana before - never got into the albums - they were really on fire here - ended up playing the whole set - must've been great to see in their prime - new found respect
I’d say this is their prime, before they got burned out by Nevermind:

mini derail here - this has brought back a memory of years ago watching what i think was a documentary on what i think was about the Seattle scene, and the bit that sticks out was a gig being played in a barn and there's a goat in the small audience <does that ring a bell with anyone? id like to know what it was

Back
Top Bottom