Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best Guest Vocals

1' 46".

Virtual lollipop for the first person to identify the male rocker singing the backing vocals

Last edited:

1' 46".

Virtual lollipop for the first person to identify the male rocker singing the backing vocals

Mick Jagger. Only learned that recently.

I also didn't know that Nile Rodgers wrote Why? until I went to see Chic and I wondered why they were playing it.

Marianne faithful on Metallica's The memory remains....all together now ' Dadadadadadaadadadadadaada' :D

Also has Nile Rodgers, Todd Rundgren AND Steve Winwood on songwriting duties!
I absolutely love that song. I have a 'slightly' weird history with it. It's a long story though, and not why I like it. I like it because it is a great song. Probably one of my all time favourites.

I managed to get hold of the LP a few years ago. A concept self help thing.
Sadly every other song is an absolute load of shite. Massive disappointment.

Was Not Was - Shake Your Head? featuring the unlikely combo of Kim Basinger and Ozzy Osbourne

The rather different original also features Ozzy.

It was first recorded with Madonna, but they were not happy with her take and as she was fairly unknown (pre-like a virgin) it was no biggie to ditch her bits, so it's all Ozzy on the verse and Kathy Koskins on the 'shake your head' / 'let's go to bed' vocals

I think the re-recording was for a best of comp, which they did to specifically re-insert Madonnas vocal now that she was at the height of her fame. . . . but Madonna said no. However the radical new version turned out pretty good and they got Ozzy to re-record his parts and got Basinger to re-do Madonnas bits and it still became the single as planned.

The song had been completed with Madonna's vocal (for her to review) and was accidentally used in a remix (before being swapped out with Basinger) that was pressed up on a Now Dance compilation LP.

Last edited:
Madonna also recorded a version before Basinger but it was never used for complicated reasons

The rather different original also features Ozzy and Basinger.

It was first recorded with Madonna, but they were not happy with her take and as she was fairly unknown (pre-like a virgin) it was no biggie to ditch her bits, so it's all Ozzy on the verse and Kathy Koskins on the 'shake your head' / 'let's go to bed' vocals

I think the re-recording was for a best of comp, which they did to specifically re-insert Madonnas vocal now that she was at the height of her fame. . . . but Madonna said no. However the radical new version turned out pretty good and they got Ozzy and Basinger to re-record their parts and it still became the single as planned.

The song had been completed with Madonna's vocal (for her to review) and was accidentally used in a remix (before being swapped out with Basinger) that was pressed up on a Now Dance compilation LP.

:D

Madonna also recorded a version before Basinger but it was never used for complicated reasons

It wasn't complicated. Madonna just said no to re-using her old vocal (I think quite rightly as it sounds duff) and did not have either the time or inclination to re-record.
This isn't the original version BTW. They re-recorded and re-inserted Madonnas vocal for her to hear. After she said no they swapped it out for Kim Basinger. However the Madonna vocal had already been sent out for remixes and then Basingers vocal was later replaced on those too . . . except 'twice' a Madonna vocal slipped through then the wrong versions were sent off for pressing.

Last edited:
TBH, I always assumed it was Madonna. And I had no clue for years the other vocal was Osbourne. I thought it was a black woman for some reason but it was the prince of darkness all along.

TBH, I always assumed it was Madonna. And I had no clue for years the other vocal was Osbourne. I thought it was a black woman for some reason but it was the prince of darkness all along.
I thought the lead male vocal was just the regular was not was singer doing a sort of nasaly vocal a la Cameo.

It wasn't complicated. Madonna just said no to re-using her old vocal (I think quite rightly as it sounds duff) and did not have either the time or inclination to re-record.
This isn't the original version BTW. They re-recorded and re-inserted Madonnas vocal for her to hear. After she said no they swapped it out for Kim Basinger. However the Madonna vocal had already been sent out for remixes and then Basingers vocal was later replaced on those too . . . except 'twice' a Madonna vocal slipped through then the wrong versions were sent off for pressing.
I was laughing cos my ‘complicated reasons’ was a euphemism for ‘CBA to go into it’

Back
Top Bottom