Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best Guest Vocals

Caliméro by Stereolab with Brigitte Fontaine. Amusing to me, because for ages I didn't realise it was a guest vocal and just thought it was Laetitia doing a sort of pastiche of breathy 60s French pop.

was a euphemism for ‘CBA to go into it’
Can't be arsed I assume?
I suppose the complete history of the song is a little complicated but the reason they didn't use Madonna wasn't. They didn't like what she did. . . and then when they did want to use it (because she was famous) Madonna didn't grant permission.

But thank you for the clarification. I didn't know why you were laughing.

& Sinead O'Connor with The The

God I hate that album. Every song is a stinker.
I was a big fan of pretty much everything Matt Johnson had done up to this point. I will never forget the disappointment I felt on buying that LP (and Cassette) on the day of release. I lay on my bed with my eyes closed and played the whole thing through. Gutted.
Maybe it would be a grower?
it wasn't

God I hate that album. Every song is a stinker.
I was a big fan of pretty much everything Matt Johnson had done up to this point. I will never forget the disappointment I felt on buying that LP (and Cassette) on the day of release. I lay on my bed with my eyes closed and played the whole thing through. Gutted.
Maybe it would be a grower?
it wasn't
I know. Youve been saying this since 2006 after every post i make about The The. When i posted it i said to myself " i bet AS posts about how much he hates Mind Bomb etc etc etc".

Massive Attack make some of the best tunes with guest vocals, as already mentioned.

This is one of my favourites, featuring Nicolette.

Back
Top Bottom