Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best Posh Chocolate !

This might be the best chocolate, ever. It was like extra thick double cream with a taste of chocolate and caramel.
FoxBoo-Hares-Salted-Caramel-Web-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: izz
This is one of two boxes received on father's day. Some weird flavours here. The ryve crumb was ok. The sourdough is too dark and has a weird grainy texture. Haven't got round to the Eccles cake yet.
1718735720011.png

Lashed out silly money for a rest run at the FATSO Morning Glory bar as it's most of my favourite things smooshed together (dark chocolate, cornflakes, orange peel, toast). Properly chunky chunks and the choc is decent quality - the flakes & toast give it good grittiness too. BUT it's just much too much money - nearly 7 quid for 150g??? Jokers. You could get the same result making your own cornflake-cakes with decent cheaper plain choc & a dab of marmalade and have about 5 times as much to eat of it. Worthwhile experiment, nice product, but criminally overpriced.

Ok, it's not chocolate and arguably not posh but for anyone who likes chocolate these are bad news. I was bought a packet, there are just 6 maybe 8 in the packet and I ate the lot soon after opening the packet. View attachment 430146

This is the sort of thing that United Biscuits workers do in their tea break, put a few custard cremes through the chocolate coating machine and see what happens - I think it's probably a good mix of flavours, but I think the "more chocolate than biscuit" claim on these M&S ones is probably false, and that's just from looking at the picture on the pack.

This is the sort of thing that United Biscuits workers do in their tea break, put a few custard cremes through the chocolate coating machine and see what happens - I think it's probably a good mix of flavours, but I think the "more chocolate than biscuit" claim on these M&S ones is probably false, and that's just from looking at the picture on the pack.
I dare you to try one and report back. My issue, and it's not surprising, is the chocolate on those biscuits tastes identical to the chocolate coatings on other products.

I dare you to try one and report back. My issue, and it's not surprising, is the chocolate on those biscuits tastes identical to the chocolate coatings on other products.
I'm not buying food from M&S!
They're fucking £3 a pack

One of N's colleagues once when bored put a doughnut through the glazing process multiple times and it came out like a varnished brick :D

James Cadbury is opening up a shop near Oxford st soon. Here is a sample. 21 truffles for £25

Never seen this before so bought a bar when in sainsburys earlier. Not the most expensive but it's British and possibly quite ethical. Initial tasting, it's very creamy.
View attachment 437053

My understanding is that the little frog logo isn’t an indicator of anything much ethics wise, not that that necessarily says anything about this chocolate.

One example jumped out of Google..

Treated myself to '3 for £15' chocolates at hotel chocolat at a train station last week. Will not be bothering again. Waste of calories.

Treated myself to '3 for £15' chocolates at hotel chocolat at a train station last week. Will not be bothering again. Waste of calories.
I really wanted to love Hotel Chocolat when I first heard of them but they're like Costa or Starbucks (coffee for people that like hot sweet flavoured milk), chocolate for people that don't much like chocolate

Back
Top Bottom