Helter Skelter
And Your Bird can sing
Happiness is a warm gun
I'm a Loser
Baby's in Black
Misery
Paperback Writer
Day Tripper
The entire B side of Abbey Road (apart from Her Majesty)
Long Long Long
I should have known Better
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
There's a Place
Only a Northern Song
Taxman
Dr Robert

I like the early rock'n'roll and pop stuff, am less keen on sgt pepper/white album and so on. i used to think rubber soul was their finest moment, but the rot might have set in even by then. they certainly managed to sneak in at least one dreadful song per album, usually courtesy of mccartney.

The Beatles generally bore me - even their apparently brilliant songs like Yesterday and Elanor Rigby - but I can listen to When I'm 64 again and again. Its just perfect. They should at least be credited with using an orchestra in pop in both an imaginative and tasteful way. How often does that happen?

urgh yeah that song is puke!
however it is quite memorable and catchy, i couldn't say "it's a shit song" really, just like i wouldn't say "power of love" was a shit song.

Yesterday is just over done and over familiar, like Hey Jude, Long and Winding Road, In My Life etc..

Nothing actually wrong with them, there's just too much of them.

yujt7ut76gyuh

A few scattered over their career.

Hard Day's Night
And I Love Her
You Won't See Me
In My Life
Here There & Everywhere
She Said She Said
Tomorrow Never Knows
With a Little Help from my Friends
Penny Lane
The Fool on the Hill
Dear Prudence
Mother Nature's Son
Something
You Never Give me Your Money
Across the Universe

15 songs. That good enough for a compilation?

I thought I was generally a Beatles fan but this thread - or rather the choices on this thread - are making me realise how many dreadful songs they were responsible for. No wonder Urban thinks the Beatles are shite if you collectively pick their worst songs as their best.

Bad Beatles:

Fool On The Hill - sickly
Yesterday - sickly
Michelle - sickly
Come Together - stodgy pub rock
Rain - so forced

urgh yeah that song is puke!
however it is quite memorable and catchy, i couldn't say "it's a shit song" really, just like i wouldn't say "power of love" was a shit song.

The problem with Yesterday is the lyrics. It should be played by brass bands. Its by far the best tune they wrote IMO. Brilliant puke.

I like Michelle.

It was meant to be a comedy song aparently, but they ended up playing it straight so it just ended up naff.

I know, I got a bit obsessed with the 60's in general for a while and The Beatles were part of that.

Actually I watched A Hard Days Night the other day again. I still like it.

I know, I got a bit obsessed with the 60's in general for a while and The Beatles were part of that.

Actually I watched A Hard Days Night the other day again. I still like it.

So are you brimming with interesting 60s bands facts? Surely there's a thread in it if you are...!

:)

Back
Top Bottom