Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

beatles songs which are actually quite good

The story of the end of the Harrisons' marriage is quite a shocker, really.

According to one account, Clapton simply went up to Harrison at a party and said:

'George, I'm in love with your wife. What are you going to do about it?'

To which Harrison, with his then-wife standing right there next to him, is said to have replied:

'Whatever you like, man. You can have her and I'll have your girlfriend.'

In eric claptons autobiography it sounds pretty complicated

but he also keeps going 'it was the 60s and everyone was banging each other anyway':hmm:

I used to love The Beatles but I'm no great fan any more. I like 'You've Got To Hide Your Love Away,' 'Penny Lane,' 'Eleanor Rigby' and 'A Day in the Life' a lot, and I still think Abbey Road is a great album, but that's about it.

Abbey Road is probably my favourite, I think.

For me: Strawberry Fields Forever, I am the Walrus, She's Leaving Home, Rocky Raccoon, Sgt Peppers, A Day in The Life

Polythene Pam. Reminds me of myself. I shall have it played at my funeral.

i'm going to have that song by lennon played at mine....whats it called, um.

Imagine?

either that or something of the floyd's Wish You Were Here

:)

i was going to suggest 'revolution 9', but it's not actually that good, is it?

No. It was experimental at the time but it's not 'good'. Not i the same way that 'I saw her standing there' is. That was experimental at the time too.

There are only a couple of songs on that album that I don't think are top-rate. Oddly, one of the ones I don't rate, With a Little Help From My Friends, has been covered by lots of people and has always remained mediocre.

Hey Jude

I like those. :oops:

I really do like Hey Jude, but, even if I didn't, I could never list it among Beatles songs I dislike - it's a song to both his baby son and his Mum who died young; it'd be a bit heartless to express the thought that it was crap, even if it were crap.

Besides, I have good memories of a friend singing that at karaoke. He'd never heard the song before, so when it came to the 'na na na na' bit, he just read them out in a very serious speaking voice, with significant pauses.

I really do like Hey Jude, but, even if I didn't, I could never list it among Beatles songs I dislike - it's a song to both his baby son and his Mum who died young; it'd be a bit heartless to express the thought that it was crap, even if it were crap.

I think McCartney wrote Hey Jude, about Lennon's son. But Lennon didn't have much to do with it tbh.

There are only a couple of songs on that album that I don't think are top-rate. Oddly, one of the ones I don't rate, With a Little Help From My Friends, has been covered by lots of people and has always remained mediocre.

Besides, I have good memories of a friend singing that at karaoke. He'd never heard the song before, so when it came to the 'na na na na' bit, he just read them out in a very serious speaking voice, with significant pauses.

Oh yes.

I have done Hey Jude on Karageoke as well.

:hmm:

:D

i never knew that. even though i like the song, i like it more now because it means something. thanks for posting that. :)

thats a great post. what a wonderful memory :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom