Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

beatles songs which are actually quite good

Hey Jude is the only Beatles song with a swear word in it.

Before the na na nas yuo can hear Lennon mess up his bit and shout 'oh fucking hell'

I am a nerd.

I think McCartney wrote Hey Jude, about Lennon's son. But Lennon didn't have much to do with it tbh.

Yep, but it was still about those two particular people. (Julian Lennon moreso). In some ways, it's easier to write a good song about someone else's loved one's than your own.

Oh yes.

I have done Hey Jude on Karageoke as well.

Did you also read it out as though you'd been told to deliver every word like a science lecture?

i never knew that. even though i like the song, i like it more now because it means something. thanks for posting that. :)

thats a great post. what a wonderful memory :D :D :D

It cracks me up even now, half a lifetime later. Failing at karaoke = winning at entertaining people for years to come. :D

It's nearly 1am and I'm playing Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Thanks Urban.

Beatles 4 eva.

I have every Beatles album including the soundtrack to the Yellow Submarine. Which includes this song, Hey Bulldog.

i used to really like Abbey Road - is that the one with Come Together on?

well i liked that. :)

oh and the one, Something In The Way She Moves too..

Theres some good songs in there I guess.

no-ones mentioned -

She Said She Said. Which is a top track.

My other votes go to -

In my Life
Paperback Writer - the guitars are great (not something that happens much with the Beatles).
Come Together
Strawberry Fields
Rain
A day in the life

Nearly All Lennon songs.

Paul - and George - has a few good uns but a list of the worst beatle songs would be almost 100% macartney.

The one on abbey road with the big long outro with the great riff and then it suddenly stops. That's a great tune.

In My Life, Something, Here Comes The Sun.

erm.

that's it.

really? In my life is alright.

She Said She Said, And Your Bird Can Sing, Hey Bulldog, Paperback Writer, I Feel Fine, Ticket To Ride, Strawberry Fields, Come Together, Helter Skelter, Rain - those are the good ones, there's maybe another 10 ish.......

defnitely not Rocky The bloody Racoon though :rolleyes:

did they do anything worse than Obla Di Obla Da? - nominations pleease

"She said, She said" and "Here comes the Sun" are the only Beatles tracks I like...."And your bird can sing" merely sums up why I hate Lennon.

I can't see the attraction of In My Life. I always felt that it was the weakest track on American IV... I mean, Johnny Cash can make U2 sound good, but couldn't polish a Beatles turd. I don't like Here Comes The Sun either. In fact, I didn't know I'd ever met anyone who likes that song until reading this thread. Here Comes The Sun makes me think of wank-faced idiots playing acoustic guitars in bedrooms at parties because they can't play Pearl Jam. (((me aged 15)))

For me, I think my favourite Beatles tune is Back In The USSR, simply because someone gave it to me on vinyl when I was a kid and I played it all the time. It makes me think of dancing in the sun like idiots during school holidays.

Other than that, A Day In The Life is OK, the Ballad Of John and Yoko isn't bad, and that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom