Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I really like Craig Charles and don't mind his links at all. I also find Adam & Joe very amusing, and their 'free plays' ar always pretty good.

Adam and Jo are so unbearably unfunny and inappropriate for a music station, that I head off to Spotify.

To be honest in this last run I thought Adam & Joe were veering close to being too self-indulgent. Still enjoyed the shows, but can easily see why people might be irritated by them.

Ha, yeh i heard that.. was just dropping off to sleep to a nice little special about punk and then.. 'and here's mike from urban75, a not-for-profit website based in london'.. :D Was a good show... esteemed company indeed..

btw. josie long's shirt...

b012gq2n_120_68.jpg

Ha, yeh i heard that.. was just dropping off to sleep to a nice little special about punk and then.. 'and here's mike from urban75, a not-for-profit website based in london'.. :D Was a good show... esteemed company indeed..
I felt very 'umbled.

Ahh... what a breath of fresh air Cerys is today.

How the BBC can be so blind to the obviousness of Cerys and Huey's superior DJing skills and get them on regular daytime slots is beyond me.

How the BBC can be so blind to the obviousness of Cerys and Huey's superior DJing skills and get them on regular daytime slots is beyond me.

The fact that laverne was effectively shown up to be so shit and huey so good while she was on maternity leave opens up all sorts of problems. we had a similar situation in my last job - the maternity cover person was infinitely better but sacking someone on that basis is a big fat no. tricky one.

It's not Cerys today - it's a stand in called Bethan who, unsurprisingly, is far less annoying than Laverne.

Amazing, isn't it. How pleasant it gets without thingy. Really makes a difference.
I've been able to listen to the whole show for the first time in ages.

When Laverne hits her stride with endless Radio1-tastic mentions of Tweet me/Top of the Hour/Headphones Moment blather, I have to turn off.

I'm also really beginning to get hacked off with Radcliffe & Maconie right now. Don't they EVER shut the fuck up? I'm switching it off almost daily due to their incessant twittering on about complete nonsense.

Shut up and play some bloody records :mad:

They've got Mike Joyce standing in for Marc Riley at the moment. He's about a zillion times better than Laverne too. And Riley.

They've got Mike Joyce standing in for Marc Riley at the moment. He's about a zillion times better than Laverne too. And Riley.

Has anyone seen that interview she did with Mark E Smith, where he batted away with amused disdain her "plaudits" of being "the King of Indie" or somesuch, and then began growling at her when she tried to make wise-aleck comments about Eleanor Poulou being in The Fall? MES has come out with some right balls at times (does "the black man" really "control you from the TV", oh wise one? - see the "Allied Propangda" fanzine i/view for "details"), but it's moments like this I want to kiss Man With Chip on the noggin.

Back
Top Bottom