Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

She. Won't. Stop. Talking.

KBT: apologies for mentioning the wrong Huey. That's not a memory anyone wants to revive.

I can't cleanse my mind of her summary of Beyonce after her turn at Glastonbury - extraordinary, relentless bollocks even by her extraordinary standards.

Genuine question, why do you keep listening if you have such a dislike of her? Is there not another station you can listen to for the three hours a day she's on?

Genuine question, why do you keep listening if you have such a dislike of her? Is there not another station you can listen to for the three hours a day she's on?

this is true. our office switched to Absolute as soon as she returned from maternity leave. thats how bad she is.

Not really. I can't bear any kind of adverts when I'm working and I like BBC6's music policy. If only she would just shut the fuck up and stop going on about Tweeting and iPads and "headphone moments" the show would be fine.

Spotify (obviously only if you've got one of their ad-free services), podcasts or CDs? I'm not trying to be snarky, it just genuinely seems to cause you much more anguish than it's worth!

Ooh, use the time to catch up on other 6Music shows on iPlayer that you normally can't listen to.

I imagine these are all ideas you haven't thought of yourself :hmm: *ahem*

this is true. our office switched to Absolute as soon as she returned from maternity leave. thats how bad she is.

Thing is, 6 Music is a decent station when she actually just gets on with playing the playlist. I'd still rather suffer Lauren Laverne than listen to the same old 'classic rock' that Absolute churns out day after day. There's only so much Stones/Police/Kaiser Chiefs I can take on endless daily repeat.

i agree. laverne's the only obstacle to listening to 6 for us tho. they're playing a day in the life on absolute at the mo and they dont repeat anything during the day. it's just the odd advert too. far preferable to 'headphone moments'

In this age of Podcasts why would anyone endure something which they dislike? I haven't got enought time in the day to listen to all the podcasts which I subscribe to.

In this age of Podcasts why would anyone endure something which they dislike? I haven't got enought time in the day to listen to all the podcasts which I subscribe to.
Err, because I like listening to live radio with live updates and such.

Fair enough. I don't listen to her myself, I stopped listening to 6Music in the daytime when George Lamb was on it.

Radcliffe boring? I think not. Lamacq's problem is encouraging the geeks to ring up.

Radcliffe lost it when Mark & Lard stopped doing evenings after the Evening Session on Radio 1. They were relegated to daytime and had to be 'safe' daytime BBC listening - he was no longer funny after that.

Radcliffe lost it when Mark & Lard stopped doing evenings after the Evening Session on Radio 1. They were relegated to daytime and had to be 'safe' daytime BBC listening - he was no longer funny after that.

I thouroughy enjoyed Radcliffe & Maconie's evening show on Radio 2. Never sounded "safe" or "daytime" to me.

I generally prefer presenters who clearly have a real love for music and the bands they put on rather than those who try to be witty, a 'personality' or controversial or consumed by their own charms. Hence the likes of Cerys Matthews, Don Letts and Huey Morgan are very listenable while the rest are mainly annoying.

I generally prefer presenters who clearly have a real love in music and the bands they put on rather than those who try to be witty, a 'personality' or controversial. Hence the likes of Cerys Matthews, Don Letts and Huey Morgan are very listenable while the rest are mainly annoying.

Good call. Charles Craig does my head in but the music is essential. Maconie's freak zone shows are eminently listenable & he genuinely likes the sounds.

Back
Top Bottom