Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

So I gave Gilles Peterson a go, but after four of the blandest, most cocktail bar-esque, mid tempo smooooooth piano tinklers, I'm out. Sorry Gilles, but I'd hoped for better.

There were these two people just now talking every second all the way through a track I would quite like to have heard 😡

There were these two people just now talking every second all the way through a track I would quite like to have heard 😡

I'm at work so was listening as well and just turned it off. Cillian Murphy is NOT Friday night material.

So I put this on instead. DWNLD

Run The Jewels new album. It's rocking. proper hip hop.

Pay what you want, all proceeds go to the Mass Defence Program

If you choose to add a donation at checkout, donations will go to the National Lawyers Guild Mass Defense Fund.

The Mass Defense Committee (MDC) is a network of lawyers, legal workers and law students providing legal support for political activists, protesters and movements for social change.

I like his show and I also like Iggy's but Iggy is a better fit on a Friday night. Isn't the Cillian show a repeat of his sit in for Guy Garvey?

Personally i'd give the Friday night slot to Nemone, reckon she'd smash it out of the park.

I hear you; I've got a folkie head on though and CM is fitting the bill perfectly. Iggy's too challenging for an early Friday eve imo. I'm just an old MOR git :cool: :D

ETA agree re Nemone.

I’ve stopped listening to 6 music altogether. It’s lost something and filled the void with banality.
I’ve been listening to Solar Radio on the radio player app for the last fortnight. At least they are playing music not spending hours talking bollocks.
Just looked for that on the TuneIn radio app via the tellybox and no luck.

Seems they are going all in on this Glastonbury celebration. Feels like every track they place is a live one.

After loyally sticking to R6 for "background music while I'm working at home" for the last 3 months, I finally gave up today and put my music on.
I guess I'll still listen in the evenings, but I am done with the daytime offering.

Back
Top Bottom