Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Gilles Peterson & Craig Charles both nailed it Saturday’s all day rave theme. going to hit that up on whatever the BBC are calling the listen again service this month.

and Charles now playing Billy Preston My Sweet Lord. he’s so much better than Lamacq’s regular show ever was it’s embarrassing. I just hope he doesn’t burn out with all this extra work and his regular slot start to suffer.
It was excellent wasn't it? I might have another listen to the last segment this weekend.

I get people's moans about the DJ wittering but the station has been a bright light in a grim place right now.

Cerys playing Get Together by The Youngbloods

:cool:

I have a powerful hunger to watch Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas now

Trying to listen more to 6 Music during the day again, after initially being put off by more time given to annoying DJs. Have to say, even when the presenters are a bit annoying, the tunes are mostly fantastic and I always discover new stuff...
There seem to be less really talented singer songwriters from some shit town in canada lately.

I'm happy with it on all the working day except for Keavney. If he didn't talk he'd be OK. I like the fact him and Mary Ann Hobbs are alternating weeks so at least I don't have to switch off everyday at 12.

Craig Charles coming on at four makes me particularly happy and on a Friday night I even get to listen to him on the sofa with a beer for an hour as the OH is getting into it. Have to switch off at 7 though as I find Cillian Murphy atroucious.

So I turn on the radio right now and it's that fucking utter bellend Keaveny doing a 'comedy' routine that included his toe-curlingly unfunny Trump impression. He's just an embarrassment.

*turns off

So I turn on the radio right now and it's that fucking utter bellend Keaveny doing a 'comedy' routine that included his toe-curlingly unfunny Trump impression. He's just an embarrassment.

*turns off

I like his Trump impression. :hmm: You must surely know by now what time Keaveny is on at? I don't believe it's an accident every time. :D

I like his Trump impression. :hmm: You must surely know by now what time Keaveny is on at? I don't believe it's an accident every time. :D
It's not a fucking comedy channel though, is it?

I used to have BBC6 on all day but now I occasionally jump in and immediately turn it off if this idiot is talking all the time. He seems to be on whenever I turn on the station now.

It's not a fucking comedy channel though, is it?

I used to have BBC6 on all day but now I occasionally jump in and immediately turn it off if this idiot is talking all the time. He seems to be on whenever I turn on the station now.
12 to 4 mon to fri on alternate weeks with Mary Anne Hobbs.
so all next week is safe from Keaveny's wittering

But I've just seen that Craig Charle's stand in slot on the 4 to 7 is coming to an end. From June 1st Lamacq's coming back for that. Which is a shame, I was enjoying that.

12 to 4 mon to fri on alternate weeks with Mary Anne Hobbs.
so all next week is safe from Keaveny's wittering

But I've just seen that Craig Charle's stand in slot on the 4 to 7 is coming to an end. From June 1st Lamacq's coming back for that. Which is a shame, I was enjoying that.
I have it on all day now I'm wfh, despite the dire pop music Lauren Laverne plays, and despite random wittering from Keaveny in the afternoons.

I am distraught to hear that Craig Charles and his Trunk of Punk is coming to an end. I shall lob a tweet at 6 Music. That'll tell 'em.

I have it on all day now I'm wfh, despite the dire pop music Lauren Laverne plays, and despite random wittering from Keaveny in the afternoons.

I am distraught to hear that Craig Charles and his Trunk of Punk is coming to an end. I shall lob a tweet at 6 Music. That'll tell 'em.

I've enjoyed Craig, he's a lot more fun than indie stalwart Lamacq. Although verging on a bit Radio 2 occasionally.

Fuck's sake. This station is turning into an embarrassment.

Thursday's recently have been extra cringe with Laverne et al turning it into a mass emoting session. I've turned it off a couple of times and I usually manage to filter out the annoying chit chat that bugs you so much. When I'm listening with work mates they often pipe up about something the presenter just said and I didn't even notice. Different people listen in different ways I guess, I also never listen to lyrics in music much but my mate Rob listens and analyses all of it as he goes

I hate Craig Charles. "Here's some funk for you then I'll read out all the messages I'm receiving telling me how great I am".

But then, Lamacq's not better "I'm now going play Shivering Sand by Mega City Four, and then, in way of a change I'll hit you with The Family Cat's Tom Verlaine". I think Paris Angel's All On You is as far as he ever strays from "Indie".

Hahaha, yeah, MAH is bad for that as well. Twitter is going crazy telling me how amazing I am.

And if I had a pound for every time she says "special" I would have 12 million quid.

I hate Craig Charles. "Here's some funk for you then I'll read out all the messages I'm receiving telling me how great I am".
I was "negative" about CC earlier in the thread - his Funk & Soul show is of no interest to me.
But his afternoon show has been really good (in the context of a Radio 6 schedule that is getting too pop). The Trunk of Punk is the highlight of my day.

Back
Top Bottom