Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

6 music is now unlistenable before 7 on weekdays - although having Maconie on Saturday and Sunday mornings is a silver lining.

Laverne - shit and annoying
Marie Anne hobbes - pretentious and annoying
Keavney - if I wanted shit comedy interrupting short snippets of mainstream music, I'd record Dave and watch the adverts.
Lamacq - always annoying

6 music is now unlistenable before 7 on weekdays - although having Maconie on Saturday and Sunday mornings is a silver lining.

Keavney - if I wanted shit comedy interrupting short snippets of mainstream music, I'd record Dave and watch the adverts.
Lamacq - always annoying
Nailed it, right there.

Lamacq - always annoying

After 7pm is great if you just like lads with guitars, with Lamacq being a great lead into that. ;)

Lamacq - always annoying

And on Saturdays there's Liz Kershaw, who should be on Radio 2

Credit where credit's due, Laverne is playing an entertaining batch of songs this morning, and only being moderately annoying.

And all those blokes with guitars. He seems to be a lovely bloke, but the music selection is way too monotonous.

I totally disagree. Really enjoy the wide range of stuff he digs out. Tbf he's not an electronic music or funk and soul DJ, is he. And the interviews are fascinating! Was that him that interview all about growing up with Northern Soul and that? Cant remember who it was with but the man has an edge. Maconie has also been really good and entertaining recently, too.

My main criticism of 6Music aside from a few dullard awkward DJs is their propensity to overkill a few key tunes. Slowthai and Mura Masa - Doorman for example. Great song but twice a fucking day or more??? Just no.

I doubt anyone on here was listening about 10 minutes ago in expectation that it was that waste of time Keavney on but Tom Robinson stepped in to do his show for some odd reason. Anyway, almost the first thing he had to do was break the news that Danny Kustow, long term TRB guitarist (and on PITD and all the good ones) has just died.

He's actually playing music as well. Imagine that, music on BBC6 in the afternoon.

I doubt anyone on here was listening about 10 minutes ago in expectation that it was that waste of time Keavney on but Tom Robinson stepped in to do his show for some odd reason. Anyway, almost the first thing he had to do was break the news that Danny Kustow, long term TRB guitarist (and on PITD and all the good ones) has just died.

He's actually playing music as well. Imagine that, music on BBC6 in the afternoon.
awch

MAH may be sickly sweet in her delivery but I grudgingly admit she has played some excellent tunes in the last few weeks.

Just had to turn it off. Refugee hater Liz Kershaw is excruciatingly bad at live interviews. Embarrassing stuff at the 6 music festival which I wish they'd all stop banging on about all the fucking time.

I have come to the conclusion that she's not just unpleasant but actually thick.

Back
Top Bottom