Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Adam and Joe were gold. But its a bit different comparing a saturday morning show to a daily running for 12 years.

The choice we have today with digital is amazing. As a youth I spent a summer in the early 90s in an agricultural research lab. For the first weeks I was working inside. The speakers blaring out Radio 1 were set 10 feet high with no available off button. It was before all the old Smashie and Nicey twats like Simon Bates and Dave Lee Travis were got rid of. They played about 4 songs on rotate all day across the presenters.

Annie Lennox-Walking on Broken Glass,
Marc Almond-The Days of Pearlie Spencer,
Road Stewarts cover of Elton's Its a Little Bit Funny.
Vannessa Williams - Save the best for last.

ALL fucking day for six weeks in that lab.

I can never forget or forgive

I miss the days of 6 Music when there were actual funny people like Adam & Joe and Phil Jupitus.

Last edited:
I don't care too much about the morning shows, but Keavney instead of Radcliffe and Maconie in the afternoons? - fuck that

I think Radcliffe is a really nice bloke but can he finish a sentence just once in his fucking life? It's like listening to Norman Collier.

Is anyone actually reading the BBC website? Mary-Anne Fucking Hobbs is on everyfuckingday, actually. Actual;ly actually actually actually actually aaahaahahagagaghgdhagrhagrhagrhareg

I'm sure she's a lovely person but MAH drives me to distraction with her simpering. :mad:

And Keaveney....I listen to Absolute Radio in the morning rather than BBC6. Hopefully he changes the format and some of the grinding jokes disappear.

At the risk of a virtual beating I actually quite like Lauren Laverne..... *runs away*

Not really going to matter in the great scheme of things - they just swapped people round rather than take on new folk or get rid of any cunts (like Radcliffe, arguably). That Amy Lame woman annoys me now, as pointless as she is on 6 as she is her role as London nightlife chief or whatever. Political choices, one suspects. :hmm:

I'm sure she's a lovely person but MAH drives me to distraction with her simpering. :mad:

And Keaveney....I listen to Absolute Radio in the morning rather than BBC6. Hopefully he changes the format and some of the grinding jokes disappear.

At the risk of a virtual beating I actually quite like Lauren Laverne..... *runs away*
If I hear that fucking "cowbell" non joke on top of a track being played I may be compelled to write another devastating email!

I know what you mean, ive grown to like her, at least compared to MAH, Heavney and Radcliffe & Maconie. I dont think ill be shouting at the radio *as* much in the mirnings now!
I'm not a fan but I can see she has some honest enthusiasm for music as opposed to Keaveny who only has enthusiasm for his own voice and his shit, shit, shit jokes and idiotic sound effects which are as shit and as innovative as Tony Blackburn's barking dog sample from 1971.

I'm not a fan but I can see she has some honest enthusiasm for music as opposed to Keaveny who only has enthusiasm for his own voice and his shit, shit, shit jokes and idiotic sound effects which are as shit and as innovative as Tony Blackburn's barking dog sample from 1971.

Agreed, Keavney just isnt funny - the filler within his show is dire. I usially listen to the first track and switch off!! God knows what his new show in the afternoon is going to be like!

Thankfully, I only really listen whilst getting ready in the morning and then in the evening. The evening output is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom