Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

1PQZI3I.jpg

I hated the Smashie and Nicey gang as well. But Keaveny is a world apart from that lot IMO. But if you dont like your broadcasters doing funny voices then I understand. I personally prefer listening to Keaveny than dreary worthy musos like Lamcq even though music is my thing.

He'd be great on Radio 2, or maybe some hospital radio. But he's a failed unfunny Smashy and Nicey twat.

I hated the Smashie and Nicey gang as well. But Keaveny is a world apart from that lot IMO. But if you dont like your broadcasters doing funny voices then I understand. I personally prefer listening to Keaveny than dreary worthy musos like Lamcq even though music is my thing.
I want MUSIC not some twat droning on with his attempt at humour while fading cheesy background music in and out between sentences.

I have a music free-weekday-afternoon mon-friday now (at work) because of Keaveny and these changes.

It's pretty much music free if i actually do listen to Keaveny to be fair.

Last edited:
BBC6 says it's a music station. Keveany barely plays any - it's nothing to with it being a mainstream station. Even the other big talkers play music for most of their programs and demonstrate a genuine interest in it.

I guess a halfway solution would be to listen on demand to earlier shows and use the 15 sec skip button as much as you need when the DJs start yacking.

Not ideal, but on the upside you can also skip through tracks you don’t like. I pretty much always listen to Tom Ravenscroft this way.

Quite enjoying the new line-up, though only really listen in short bursts at work. LL was the one I was most concerned about, but tbf it's just (brilliant) music music music with little chat.

Back
Top Bottom