Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

editor Monochrome session on Marc Riley tonight.

Gemma cairney is very annoying.

I agree with both above posts. Tom ravenscroft plays some cool stuff when filling in for Lammo.

I like 6 overall and I’m very much not an indie drone kid. It’s far from perfect but it’s radio. It never pleases everyone.

Still not sold on Amy Lame replacing Jarvis. Although this Sunday’s show was an improvement. Too much playlist not enough weirdness.
I feel a bit guilty now as I'm in the studio and Marc Riley is an absolutely lovely bloke!

I like Chris Hawkins (I think he's called) who's on very early. My alarm goes off at 6am and I think he's been on for an hour or so by then. Woke up to Husker Du and Martha And The Vandellas yesterday.

I like Chris Hawkins (I think he's called) who's on very early. My alarm goes off at 6am and I think he's been on for an hour or so by then. Woke up to Husker Du and Martha And The Vandellas yesterday.
I only get to listen to 20 mins of him but it's the least painful 20 mins.

Her habit of spending five minutes reading out tweets about how wonderful the last five songs have been :facepalm::mad:

Just shut the fuck up and play music.

I have warmed to him over the years. He seems a lovely fella & also looks nothing how I imagine him to look.

Tom Ravenscroft sitting in for Lammo is good , the other day he kept saying ‘as you well know’ when he was talking about the 6 Music Big Weekend, sounded vaguely threatening which amused me.

OMG! I can't stand Chris Hawkins, he is proper shit imo! I'm guessing that is why he is on so early! I'm up at 5am for work.

Yep, my alarm goes off to The Hawk too (6.15 rather than 6.00 - it's a bit spooky thinking of one of my imaginary friends waking up simultaneously to me!). But I don't really get him. It's sort of helpful getting me from bed to shower that he plays a lot of absolute tripe.

OMG! I can't stand Chris Hawkins, he is proper shit imo! I'm guessing that is why he is on so early! I'm up at 5am for work.
The guy has been doing the 5.00 am to 7.00 am slot since 6 music started. Like you say, if he was any good, he might have progressed. I don't dislike the guy, but I'm not a fan.

They've just asked Van Morrison, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Astral Weeks, if he could 'feel the magic in the room' during the recording of the record that was famously made with Van Morrison and the band never being in the same room.

Last edited:
Now I have a newer car, I can listen to 6music when driving , and I have to admit, I haven't found it as annoying as other posters. I have heard some interesting music, and the DJs in the main have been ok. I prefer Radcliff and Maconie to Lauren Laverne, wasn't too keen on the breakfast DJ whoever he is, Liz Kershaw was a bit annoying tbf

Its Shaun Keaveny who does the breakfast show. I can understand you not being keen as first time I listened to him I he is so deadpan and downbeat I thought "WTF this is shit!" BUT theres a chance if you persevere you may grow to love his show as I do. I even rang in and was on his show with the 'Small Claims Court' section a couple of xmas's ago. Utterly unheard of for me to consider ringing into a radio show.

Now I have a newer car, I can listen to 6music when driving , and I have to admit, I haven't found it as annoying as other posters. I have heard some interesting music, and the DJs in the main have been ok. I prefer Radcliff and Maconie to Lauren Laverne, wasn't too keen on the breakfast DJ whoever he is, Liz Kershaw was a bit annoying tbf

Its Shaun Keaveny who does the breakfast show. I can understand you not being keen as first time I listened to him I he is so deadpan and downbeat I thought "WTF this is shit!" BUT theres a chance if you persevere you may grow to love his show as I do. I even rang in and was on his show with the 'Small Claims Court' section a couple of xmas's ago. Utterly unheard of for me to consider ringing into a radio show.
He's the biggest bellend of the lot. Totally unfunny.

Back
Top Bottom