Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

how can he be, the same old warhorses who used to be on radio two will be on in an hour doing the same old routine

If you think 6 is shit, you should be sentenced to having to listen to 2 (or 1) for a whole day. There's a big difference!

I have spent many many a long day listening to radio two as a drivers mate. Cos Sally Traffick has the best and most up to date traffic reports , so many drivers just tune into radio 2 cos it is good for the job. Is musically no where near as good as 6 but DJ wise its the same

:mad: So wrong. :facepalm:

GP continues to be the best DJ on 6. I love listening to his show while doing the cooking on a Saturday. :p I dunno how much of the music I'd buy but it's definitely an education.

And I'm again gonna defend both Hobbs and Keaveny from the nay sayers. :cool:

Agreed (apart from the Keaveny bit [I just don't find him that funny or his show that enjoyable]). On the other hand, I love listening to Gilles Peterson.

I got a DAB radio at the weekend and so tried R6 on my way to work this morning. I could only manage 30 minutes. Keavney is a twat and of the 5 songs he played the most recent was 11 years old.

Thefoo fighters have been doing the same album every year for six fucking years. We want something new!

"Just stop what you're doing and listen to this amazing stuff,"

<<plays half-baked wallpaper music shite that would only work in a rubbish tv commercial>>

"Wasn't that amazing?"

Um, no. Now play something decent and stop gushing ffs.

It actually has a reversing effect on me. Stuff I might otherwise have found unusually moving or interesting just makes me roll my eyes because of her stupid fucking hyperbole.

I'm not a regular listener to any of the shows (Gilles Peterson is my fave but his show's on at such a stupid time) but I do sometimes tune in. However the other day I tuned straight out again when I heard Laverne (I think it was) playing the Ghostbusters theme song. Fucking Ghostbusters I tell ya! FFS that's not what all those people petitioned the Beeb to keep the bloody station on air for was it?!

A five year olds birthday party at least has a sense of fun, rather than the pathetic attempts to be Radio 3 with guitars vomited out by 6music.

It does often sound like a Friday night mid-90's indie disco on there and they won't get away with that for ever.I think Marc Riley's show is the best on there for hearing decent bands you might not catch elsewhere.

My list of the decent 6 music shows :

Marc Riley
Gideon Coe
Huey
Cerys
Jarvis
Craig Charles

The rest are rubbish.

I can't stand the Giles Petersen show. He seems to like everything I hate. Noodley widdley fidgety music. Play a fucking melody and have a repeating chorus.

My list of the decent 6 music shows :

Marc Riley
Gideon Coe
Huey
Cerys
Jarvis
Craig Charles

The rest are rubbish.

The standard of 6Music DJs seems to be a constant source of debate amongst my friends. I'd sort into the following categories

Universally Lauded
Gideon Coe. The Freakzone. That time Kevin Roland filled for Craig Charles on on a Saturday night in 2006.

Mostly liked (with occasional vehement opposition)
Cerys, Jarvis, Lister off of Red Dwarf, Lard, Mary-Anne Hobgoblin

Mostly disliked
Huey, Elbow fellah, Peterson,

Bellends
Keaveny, Laverne, Smashy Radcliffe and Nicey Maconie, Lamaq

Back
Top Bottom