Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I'm not sure what is the most annoying: Colin Murray's soundscape or the oft-repeated trailer for the stinking pile of shite.

I'm not sure what is the most annoying: Colin Murray's soundscape or the oft-repeated trailer for the stinking pile of shite.

Perhaps it's more 'experimental' than we're giving Colin Murray credit for. Perhaps the experiment is to find out what happens when you pollute the nations airwaves with trailers for a pile of shite radio show constantly for week after week.

Now Laverne's gone all mumsy shouty because SHE'S AT A GIG.

Oh, and now it's Richard Hawley playing. There's an unexpected treat. Never hear him on BBC6.

tell you what, whenever Namones on watch for the 'OOOH' count. She does this contrived gasp of awe after every track she feels deserves it.

now I've mentioned it you won't be able to not notice it and it will annoy you as much as it does me

I still listen on Sundays. Marvellous; every day should be like that.

So tell me, has the weekday quality gone way down in the last 3 months or what?

I was listening to R6 about 11pm on Monday night and there was I think a Irish DJ on (not Colin Murphy)..anyone know who he is? I listened for about 30 minutes and he played cracking records none of which I knew. I tuned into Lauren from about 10.30 this morning and thoroughly enjoyed the Richard Hawley session.

Editor, if you want to be less annoyed my suggested solution is to not listen to R6 in the daytime. It works for me.

Is there not an online station you could listen to (presuming you can listen via a such-enabled device)?

Something like Dandelion or WFMU? Or one the of the myriad I'm not even aware of? Dunno if you'd get UK news, if that's part of the reason for listening live, mind.

I refused to turn on BBC6 yesterday for fear of hearing that prick Murray do his ludicrous soundscape.

talks a little rather than so much you want to kill him

he could say one word per show and i'd still want to kill him. between keaveny and emeli sande, my reflexes have honed to lightning speed and i can now leap across a room to switch over within half a second of hearing either of them.

still enjoying lauren laverne, still wish lamacq would laleave, still love tom ravenscroft.

I refused to turn on BBC6 yesterday for fear of hearing that prick Murray do his ludicrous soundscape.

What the fek is fekking Colin Murray doig on Radio6? didn't he sacrifice his entirely theoretical musical credibility to become the BBC's ubiquitous 'Mr Sport'. 6Music is becoming a radio one retirement home. I can't imagine the presence of Radcliffe & Riley is anything to do with what listeners actually want to hear. And if I wanted to here the drone that is Steve Lamaq I'd go to my nearest crap pub and find an ex roadie to talk to about 1970's guitar cases with because at least then I'd be able to drink heavily whilst being bored to tears.. :mad::mad::mad:

When he appears in the nonstop self aggrandising 6Music adverts saying 'who'd want to hear a show presented by a dullard like me' I wonder 'who indeed'. Now I know.

I'm sure she must be someone famous and dead cool and all that, but the voice of the woman who's on now is unbelievably grating.

So she just faded out Bowie's 'I'd Rather Be High' - the first time I'd heard it - for some indie landfill shite.

:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom