Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Keaveny is just *awful*. A smug unfunny pointless fifth rate 'comic'. Anyone doing 'comedy' voiceovers to fucking Star Wars sound effects in 2012 should be despatched to the nearest job centre.

can't listen to 6 music before 10 pm weekdays cosof keveny

Dunno whats going on with the croonery dirges today

I tuned into XFM for the first time in ages the other day, and Mary Anne Hobbs was creaming herself over just about every band going. She really has jumped the shark spectacularly, I remember quite liking her on the breezeblock a few years back.

I was quite chuffed to work out how to get 6 Music here on the car stereo through a bluetooth/tuneIn/4G combo on my phone, however being 8 hrs behind means that Steve Lamacq is on during my drive to work :facepalm:

Jarvis is currently jumping the shark even more spectacularly. We've had 15 minutes of a reading of Winnie the Pooh, and it's still going.

Fuck off dickhead.

I'm surprised Guy Garvey gets so little mention on this thread.

My radio 6 listening is generally limited to weekends/late evenings and he's the worst as far as I'm concerned. Did you know he's the lead singer of Elbow? The lead singer? Of Elbow? :facepalm:

Yes, I think he mentioned on air once that he is the lead singer of a band. I think it might be Elbow. He should mention more often to make sure everyone knows.

Adam amusing Buxton paired with Edith unfunny Bowman

i reserve judgement for now:hmm:

I can have too much of Buxton sometimes and I say that as a person who goes to his Bug music video evenings regularly. I've only listened to this for about 10mins though.

I was prepared to go into 'outraged listener' mode for A&E but thought it was OK in the end.

Did anyone else note Nemones self absorbed whinings about how 'she really liked Manchester but couldn't make doing the show there work'. It grated for two reasons, firstly don't go on about liking Manchester so much if you can't be arsed to go there to do your show. And secondly we don't care that you are leaving. When Ed Stourton left Today it wasn't mentioned until the end of the show and then someone else said 'thats Ed's last show, thanks Ed' which is THE dignified way to go...

Turned on the radio, heard that twat Adam doing a desperately unfunny song about broccoli while his dull co-host added some pointless comments on top. Turned off.

Back
Top Bottom