Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Is it possible that Sean Keavney is depressed? I certainly think he has low self esteem. His self deprecating humour, due to his lack of funniness, seems to indicate a degree of self loathing. It's possible he actually realises how bad he is. The music is good but the talking is terrible, like all of 6Music. A simple solution would be to sack him and move Hawkins up. I think everyone would be happier, not least Keavney.

it does seem a shame that the weekend DJs seemingly pulled 6 back from the dead and the weekday DJs are killing it again. is it a different controller?

im honestly enjoying Absolute waaaaaaay more these days and that's a sorry state of affairs.

There's not actually many adverts on Absolute. very few in fact.

They have different stations for different decades. I like the 80s one. 90s too. old fucker.

you will with lavergne, annoying though she is.

maconie and whatsisface proper spank the radio 2 theme, interspersed with playlisted new music.

Anyone managed to view the whole Bat For Lashes session from today? Can only find the single online & nowt at all on red button. :(

I had to turn the radio off because they were going on about Bat for Lashes so much. An average singer song writer not worth the relentless spiel.

^ more wrongness :rolleyes:

Never listen to a dog.

Did you ever have the misfortune to hear Moyles? He could talk for the best part of half an hour without playing a record.

How hard is it? Just play the music FFS. The chitchat is unwelcome. Any station that gets this, while introducing me to new stuff and providing enough context/intro to give added value, will get the loyalty of my ears.

'Celebrity DJs' meanwhile can fuck off with their blabber.

^ more wrongness :rolleyes:

Never listen to a dog.

Did you ever have the misfortune to hear Moyles? He could talk for the best part of half an hour without playing a record.

TBH no, I listened to half a show in 2006 but couldn't hack it. I thought the weird thing about Moyles when I listened to it that time was the 'ironic' references and stylistic similarity to the DLT/Bates era of R1 including the jingles. It was like he was subconsciously projecting the fact he was dated, past it, useless, unfunny and should be sacked. It only took them another 6 years to get it. By that metric we should be stuck with Keavney for a decade.

But it's 'Sheffield Day!' I'd still rather listen to someone drop a canteen of cutlery off Stanage Edge than listen to Radcliffe and Maconie though.

Back
Top Bottom