Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

(BBC) Question Time (1979 - Present)

Question Time
Question Time was first broadcast on Tuesday 25th September 1979, based on the BBC Radio 4 programme Any Questions?
Question Time is a topical debate programme, sometimes featuring "Leaders" special episodes.

Presenters
Sir Robin Day (1979–1989)
Peter Sissons (1989–1993)
David Dimbleby (1994–2018)

Fiona Bruce (2019–Present)

Discussion
Is anyone interested (positive or negative) in discussing this show in general or the weekly episodes?

😃😃😃

BBC Question Time on BBC iPlayer

BBC_Question_Time.png

I actually remember watching it from the beginning in 1979 with Robin Day. Only four on the panel, got more time to develop an argument. Never watch it these days, panel entirely performative, audience recruited exclusively from UKIP.

I actually remember watching it from the beginning in 1979 with Robin Day. Only four on the panel, got more time to develop an argument. Never watch it these days, panel entirely performative, audience recruited exclusively from UKIP.

Not sure about the last bit, but the rest checks out.

It's politics as a TV show. Can't watch it any more. A mass establishment illusion of 'giving a voice' to Colin from Cheltenham.

It's part of media strategies, compered by The Chosen.

Fuck it sideways, tbh.

I remember the headlines surrounding youth club closures, the near obliteration of support services to vulnerable families and the selling off of public spaces (I.e. playing fields) to developers in the early years of the austerity coalition. Now these fuckers have the audacity to act all surprised that there's antisocial behaviour issues. Talk about being divorced from reality....

Who was that Tory MP...such an embarrassment to human kind and didn't Emily T look smug at his worthless responses. He used his pen as his weapon of defence by keeping his head down and constantly scribbling notes.

Back
Top Bottom