Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Barbie vs Oppenheimer

Barbie or Oppenheimer?

• Total voters
Radio controlled Enola Gay model?
Yeah. I would be too. Although it is partly because the message behind it actually is a worthwhile one.

It's a very merch-heavy movie, there's no getting around that. I find it kinda interesting that it's that and genuinely has thoughtful points to make about personal choice.

Oppenheimer... hopefully not so many merch opportunities will come out of that one.
Radio controlled Enola Gay model?

Not going to cinemas.

Anyone know when / where I could watch Oppenheimer online or if it can be streamed? Or if it will be released on disk soon?

Not going to cinemas.

Anyone know when / where I could watch Oppenheimer online or if it can be streamed? Or if it will be released on disk soon?

It's only just been released this weekend, give it a chance (for legal options).

Ah I know..
But sometimes they release a film on disk very shortly after it's released in the cinema. I wasn't looking for illegal streams.
Barbie is getting a blu-ray release on January 2 and will probably stream from the same day.

Oppenheimer doesn’t even have a release date that far ahead yet, Nolan really, really, wants a long cinema run, it’s where it demands to be seen.

Did he really hate it T&P? Or is this another of those opinion he has for money.
Well, I haven't read the article he's written about it, so I couldn't say- but you might be right of course, given the medium the article appears in:

_130507216_thesun.png-nc.png.webp

Two pages... :D

me neither but peter hitchens said it was soft on the american communist party( CPUSA I assume). Pretty sure this means he wanted the film to say 'Joe McCarthy was righteous and everyone deserved it'
I am highly dubious about Oppenheimer now, after a friend posted a section of dialogue meant to show What a Clever Man He Is:

"I'm not a communist"
"That's because you don't know enough about it"
"I've read all three volumes of Capital: 'ownership is theft'"
"It's 'property is theft', not 'ownership'"
"I read it in the original German."
[looks wisely to the middle distance]

I am highly dubious about Oppenheimer now, after a friend posted a section of dialogue meant to show What a Clever Man He Is:

"I'm not a communist"
"That's because you don't know enough about it"
"I've read all three volumes of Capital: 'ownership is theft'"
"It's 'property is theft', not 'ownership'"
"I read it in the original German."
[looks wisely to the middle distance]

TBF, he was quite clever.

Back
Top Bottom