Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Athletics

Bath, then out for party. Catch the last tube home and settle down in time for Mo Farah....:cool:

What's also interesting about a potential KJT/Thiam rivalry in the future is that KJT looks to be a stronger runner, Thiam is a stronger thrower, and they're both strong jumpers :cool:

I know I'm spinning way, way ahead, but it's fun to speculate wildly :D

What's also interesting about a potential KJT/Thiam rivalry in the future is that KJT looks to be a stronger runner, Thiam is a stronger thrower, and they're both strong jumpers :cool:

I know I'm spinning way, way ahead, but it's fun to speculate wildly :D

KJT really has a problem with throws though. She's been in the game long enough and yet she still throws like a nellie.

And I was really disappointed with her face when she was being interviewed soon after the shot put. She looked really miserable in an almost petulant, 'poor-me' way.....

KJT really has a problem with throws though. She's been in the game long enough and yet she still throws like a nellie.

And I was really disappointed with her face when she was being interviewed soon after the shot put. She looked really miserable in an almost petulant, 'poor-me' way.....
Maybe Andy Murray can take her under his wing, as someone who once had a bit of a miserable, young attitude ;)

KJT moves up to third, with JEH five points behind new leader Thiam.

I think what we all want here is for JEH to retain her title and cement her legacy, with KJT and Thiem coming second and third. The stage is then set for KJT and Thiam to do battle over the next two Olympics, with the British obviously coming out on top on both occasions.

So, um, yeah, get to it ladies :)

If she retains her title she would be only the 3rd woman to do it after having a baby #facts

This is a thread where athletes are assumed to have won fairly until shown otherwise. I suggest you start a thread claiming to know who's doping somewhere else

Ta-ra!

It's a thread for discussion of athletics at the Olympics. Doping is an important part of athletics at the Olympics. If you want to start a thread where stupid sulky children must have their determined gullibility indulged at all times and discussion of aspects of athletics at the Olympics that they don't like is banned, please feel free to do so.

It's a thread for discussion of athletics at the Olympics. Doping is an important part of athletics at the Olympics. If you want to start a thread where stupid sulky children must have their determined gullibility indulged at all times and discussion of aspects of athletics at the Olympics that they don't like is banned, please feel free to do so.
You're stuck in a loop which says all athletes take drugs.

Some athletes do - as in all sports - but to presume that is the general situation, without proof, is wrong.

You're stuck in a loop which says all athletes take drugs.

Some athletes do - as in all sports - but to presume that is the general situation, without proof, is wrong.

I don't at all assume that doping is universal. I think it's widespread and usually downplayed by emotional infants who desperately want to believe in heroes achieving superhuman feats. I also think that nine times out of ten truly freakish performances have the same explanation. But I also think that there are many, many clean athletes and I don't assume that any individual is doping unless there's at least some strong indication that they are.

To be fair, it's as pertinent to athletics as any of the other chat, and he was just responding to the discussion already going (around the edges, at least) about the 10,000 result.

The comparison is worth pointing out, I think, and if we're to take this seriously we can't ignore the stats.

The "children" stuff is maybe a little unnecessary, mind :p

They've had little snippets of Michael Johnson talking to Bolt and Farrah, would like to see a whole series of that. But not presenting or interviewing them, just talking, athlete to athlete, that would be so good.

It was really interesting hearing Redgrave at the cycling too, basically saying "this is the one place I wanted to be this Olympics, watching these guys work" - again, an athlete just being genuinely interested in other athletes.

Kinell. Mo falls, Greg doesn't have much lead, Jess needs to beat the Belgian by 15 seconds...could end up brilliant, could end up terrible
Hope Mo is ok

Back
Top Bottom