Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Athletics

I reckon Jess gets silver. So one medal of each colour for the night - says something about the state of British athletics when that haul is a bit disappointing.

I reckon Jess gets silver. So one medal of each colour for the night - says something about the state of British athletics when that haul is a bit disappointing.
Does she need to beat the Belgian by 15 secs?

No I still fancy young Jess to come good.

BBC has "unconfirmed reports" that JEH has to beat Thiam by 9.47 secs, which happens to be the exact difference between their PBs! :D

Thiam has been eating her PBs though while Jess prefers to refer to PPPBs - post-pregnancy PBs.

Christ, KJT down to 8th :( She'll have other chances.

Christ, KJT down to 8th :( She'll have other chances.

She's really great at more than half of the events - could be competitive at a couple of them if she specialized - but she's not a kid any more and she still can't compete in the shot and the javelin. Like, at all.

Oh, Greg :(
She's really great at more than half of the events - could be competitive at a couple of them if she specialized - but she's not a kid any more and she still can't compete in the shot and the javelin. Like, at all.
Aye, she's not a kid, but she's only 23, can still improve.

Greg should be proud, bronze at the Long Jump (an event I feel where winners and losers can change in just matters of days) is still a good achievement. He's got gold at them all though, worlds, commonwealth, and the olympics. Take a bow fellow ginger, I want kids like you. And a beard like yours.

And you.

Rutherford is very emotional, and they gave him that foul jump in the end (and rightly so :mad:)

I thought that was a foul jump FAR too close to call. I'm surprised something like hawkeye hasn't really been introduced into some field events, it's extremely close to call things like that.

Back
Top Bottom