Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Athletics

Farah's medal ceremony and I can actually hear people singing the national anthem. Blimey, take a bow you lot out there.

A silver medal and she should be very happy, a good night in a way for the brits.

Lovely to see all of the heptathletes having that moment together really.

Well that was worth staying up for but I really can't make the women's marathon which, I believe, is in progress.

I'm off bo-bos. :oops:

Unlucky for Rutherford with the no jump but I suspect the the take-off line incursion was less than 0.5cm so gave a reading of 0cm as the readings were crudely rounded up to the nearest cm. As Michael Johnson pointed out, Rutherford didn't kick up a stink which suggests there was a very slight error. Don't think that jump, if it stood, would have affected the medal positions anyway.

Far more unlucky was the South African chap who was winning until the very last jump of the competition. The instant the reading of the final jump came through, meaning he'd won silver not gold, he just smiled and nodded his head. That was class.

Well that was worth staying up for but I really can't make the women's marathon which, I believe, is in progress.
I misread the BBC schedule and the womens' marathon is on this afternoon not last night.

As soon as I had switched off the laptop, it began to dawn on me that - even taking into consideration the temperatures in Rio - having a women's marathon starting just after midnight through the city's (often crazy) environs was not a sensible scenario. :eek::facepalm:

Rutherford posing for photos with fans after the competition was the funniest thing I saw last night. Holding the union jack behind his shoulders and flashing a readymade rictus grin which turned into a scowl as soon as the photos were over.

They've had little snippets of Michael Johnson talking to Bolt and Farrah, would like to see a whole series of that. But not presenting or interviewing them, just talking, athlete to athlete, that would be so good.
Did you watch that BBC programme about Mo that's on iPlayer? Usain had a bit on that. But I agree that a 3 way programme of all them would be amazing. I love Michael Johnson's commentary. I remember watching the 96 Olympics and just being totally blown away by him.

Bit sad for Jess but you can't say she didn't give it her all. Disappointed with KJT though. And Mo was amazing, again.

Back
Top Bottom