Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Athens Greece: Cops murder a 16 year old

Why are PAME (they are the Stalinist, right?) being such dicks. What's the history that led them to behaving like this?

Seems to be true. RIP
"The 53-year old was injured in the head, caught in cross-fire in Syntagma. He was taken to Evangelismos and according to the latest media reports he died from heart failure."

Seems to be true. RIP
"The 53-year old was injured in the head, caught in cross-fire in Syntagma. He was taken to Evangelismos and according to the latest media reports he died from heart failure."

Again on the phone to member of the medical team after they had an assembly updating them about the guy who died. One of the doctors stated that the guy got hit on the head by a rock and an ambulance came to take him to hospital and he died from a heart attack.

RIP

I'm watching a live stream, they are claiming that there are English speaking people working with the Greek forces. I read a comment stating the same on twitter earlier.

It's the 3rd stream down should you want to watch

Dimitiris mentioned this in his rundown of what happened yesterday. I remember comrades nervously joking a year or so ago about a future occupation...

edit: http://archive.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_politics_0_16/03/2009_105545 British counter-terrorism experts sent to Greece..

the British experts are also expected to offer advice on how to curb so-called “low-level terrorism,” such as the vandalism of stores and cars in central Athens and Thessaloniki last Friday and a crime wave that has resulted in almost daily robberies.

Hello
I am back, I am so angry and sad on the same time about what happened today.

First of all RIP to the dead man. His name was Dimitris Kostaridis. He was a 53 year old man, syndicalist of PAME (Greek Communist Party) and died because of breathing problems, he inhaled a big quantity of chemicals. For 50 minutes the doctors tried to keep him alive but with no result.

What PAME and KKE (Greek Communist Party) did today is not something new in greek history. If you read on the following thread that I had started 3 years ago you can see a bit of the recent history of KKE and their actions in demos. http://www.urban75.net/forums/threa...democracy”-revolution-is-always-alive.157126/

I also had a link of a video on that thread but I do not know why I cannot see it now.

Today the police forces also had good allies, the youth of PAME (KNAT). They decided to "protect the demonstration" but in reality they decided to actively POLICE THE WHOLE AREA AT THE PARLIAMENT SQUARE, exactly like the police is doing. They made cordons AT THE PERIMETER OF THE SQUARE, and not only outside the parliament and were blocking the entrance for THOUSANDS OF DEMONSTRATORS. There were people on the streets that are leading to the square that wanted to reach there but they could not BECAUSE PAME WAS ALLOWING ONLY MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY TO PASS THEIR LINES. Trouble started when about 100 people, members of the "I DO NOT PAY" movements, wanted to pass to the square. Then a big group of black block and various anarchists decided to attack and break the PAME cordon. In the beginning the cordon broke and PAME regrouped inside the square, but as the anarchist block was moving towards the square, OTHER PAME MEMBERS APPEARED FROM THE BACK AND SURROUNDED THE PEOPLE. CHAOS was created after this, people (not only anarchists) started battling with the members of PAME, and while this was happening the POLICE CAME AND STARTED SPRAYING THE WHOLE AREA WITH CHEMICALS. This is when the poor man got transferred to the hospital as well. Because of the extensive use of chemicals the square got completely empty, and clashes started on the nearby roads. PAME finally left and there are still some riots happening against the police on various roads in the center of Athens.

Photos etc later.

Report on the death of Greek worker.

Masked youths attacked with firebombs hundreds of communist unionists tasked with maintaining order during the Athens demonstration, which capped a 48-hour general strike called by unions against the government's economic policies. The communists counter-charged and pushed the attackers back, and the two sides began throwing stones at each other with the police initially keeping back.
"We are staying until the vote is held and then Athens can burn," a unionist manning the communist security cordon said prior to the incident. "We are not going to allow the demonstration to be hijacked by a few hundred hoodies,"..
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/busines...onstrators-clash/story-fn7j19iv-1226172460174

I was looking for those photos all over the internet.

Look at this : http://www.tsantiri.gr/koinonia-kin...-i-machi-pame-koukouloforon-fotoreportaz.html

This is how everything started. At that point I was just 5 meters away from that block and everything happened in front of me. This block that you see belongs to the "I DONT PAY" movement. They wanted to pass towards the square but PAME members blocked them, and started hitting them in order to prevent them from moving forward. This is when the anarchist block decided to attack.

Later on when PAME members surrounded the area (a part of them moved from a different street and appeared on our back) they started hitting whoever was in their path no matter if he was an anarchist or a random person.

As audiotech correctly quoted, they wanted to be there up to when the vote would be held. Their aim was to let the vote to happen although THEY KNOW that the vote would pass forward anyway. They oppose the law (their party voted no) but instead of trying to BLOCK the voting from happening they are happy enough with their "No" anyway ..... Pathetic to say the least.

Communists Vs Anarchists

harry-hill-trafalgar-meet5.jpg

So lemme get this straight, one mob (communists) were protecting parliament to ensure a vote took place. Another mob didn't like this and tried to storm through to attack parliament / prevent the vote taking place. And some peeps here think the first lot are the bad guys?

The idea that the storming of the Greek parliament would have resulted in the vote not taking place is gross stupidity, undertaken by those who are deluded into believing that it's possible to change the world without taking power. What was likely to have happened would have been more violence, including more than the one death already reported. These sorts of adventurist and substitutionist tactics are counterproductive, which result in putting people off involvement in political activity and also leads to an increase in state repressive measures.

The idea that the storming of the Greek parliament would have resulted in the vote not taking place is gross stupidity, undertaken by those who are deluded into believing that it's possible to change the world without taking power. What was likely to have happened would have been more violence, including more than the one death already reported. These sorts of adventurist and substitutionist tactics are counterproductive, which result in putting people off involvement in political activity and also leads to an increase in state repressive measures.
All true but it's not the fucking communist party's job to protect a parliament that is passing austerity measures.

No, but it is the job of any serious political grouping to be disciplined and to steward marches/demonstrations effectively and 'not let them be hijacked by a few hundred hoodies'.

No, but it is the job of any serious political grouping to be disciplined and to steward marches/demonstrations effectively and 'not let them be hijacked by a few hundred hoodies'.
Oh is that what they were doing. Sorry, I though they were standing shoulder to shoulder with the police, cracking heads and protecting a parliament that was kicking the working class in the teeth

But given what's NOT what the KKE/PAME were doing what's your point?

The KKE joined in with the state in attacking the demonstrators, did you miss that bit?

I assume then that you, if you had been there, would have supported the black block and others in their adventure, more than likely resulting in more violence and deaths then?

The police reportedly held back when the violence broke out and then decided to shoot off chemicals to deal with the mayhem that ensued.

I assume then that you, if you had been there, would have supported the black block and others in their adventure, more than likely resulting in more violence and deaths then?

Where did I say that? What part of making clear what the KKE/PAME stalinists were doing, ie joining in with the state in attacking demonstrators means I would have supported the anarchists? Are you capable of looking past binary opposition at all? Why was it so important for a supposed revolutionary party, the KKE/PAME, to ensure the vote goes ahead? And so important as to use violence against those who disagree, who my well not have a worked out programme are daft enough to think the vote going ahead is important?!

The Herald Sun linked above.

I've already made my position clear. I am against adventures like storming the Greek parliament. This would not have stopped the vote and would instead have led to an increase in violence and death and more state repression. The Greek Communist party have voted no to these austerity measures.

The Herald Sun linked above.

I've already made my position clear. I am against adventures like storming the Greek parliament. This would not have stopped the vote and would instead have led to an increase in violence and death and more state repression. The Greek Communist party have voted no to these austerity measures.

Still unable/unwilling to answer my questions?

So a pro big-business organ makes a claim and you believe it?

Again I haven't said storming the building was the way forward but to desperately defend that building and use violence to ensure the vote goes ahead is not what a revolutionary organisation, which is a laugh when referring to the KKE, should be doing. Especially not alongside handing demonstrators over to the police.... What the fuck are the KKE doing defending the vote?

Pro-business now pro-communist is it? You'll have to do better than that. I've linked to an article that actually does give a report and not a view that spins it into something else. Even if the Greek Communist party was, as you state, "defending the vote", are you now suggesting it would be better not to have a vote?

Back
Top Bottom