Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assange to face extradition

invading afghanistan had been a bit of a give away to tell the truth

The intention to get him was always there. The specific operation that got him, ie the one with the SEALS and helicopters - that operation, we heard about once it was done. When the US was planning the logistics, checking the intel pointing to him being in that compound, the operation remained a closely guarded secret.

That's the point: if the US is currently doing something to influence Sweden or the UK, or doing who knows what - if it currently has an Operation Grab Assange - the public at large will not be informed about it while it's being implemented. And if it involves any dirty dealing or whatever, we might never hear about it.

Take another example: the nuclear scientist killed in Teheran. Blown up by a bomb.

Who did it?

We don't know. Somebody did it. But, the operation and its details haven't been made public by whomever is behind it. All we know is, the man is dead.

Sometimes, governments do things that way. They work below the surface, and then, all of a sudden, you hear the outcome, but not the workings of the plan.

I'm not suggesting that someone is going to blow Assange up with a bomb. But a govt might be working below the radar, to effect a different outcome.

The intention to get him was always there. The specific operation that got him, ie the one with the SEALS and helicopters - that operation, we heard about once it was done. When the US was planning the logistics, checking the intel pointing to him being in that compound, the operation remained a closely guarded secret.

That's the point: if the US is currently doing something to influence Sweden or the UK, or doing who knows what - if it currently has an Operation Grab Assange - the public at large will not be informed about it while it's being implemented. And if it involves any dirty dealing or whatever, we might never hear about it.
but that has fuck all to do with what i asked you above - which is what similar attempts to secure assange to those made to get bin laden has the united states made - and i made explicit reference to tora bora. so it's been pretty clear that i meant MILITARY operations. plus, ever since about 12/09/2001 it's been well-known that the united states was out to get bin laden - they made no fucking secret of it. can you demonstrate some similar resolve on the part of the united states to get assange? things like offering a large reward, invading a country, bombing hitherto obscure mountain ranges - that sort of thing.

But for it to be a shit point, there must be a point.​
all this little shitstorm of posts has elicited is you cannot point to any similar means to those used against bin laden by the united states employed against assange which is what i asked you some time ago.

instead you've tried to divert the issue and are now happily trying to get into a stupid argument about shit points / points in general which evades the topick of discussion.

end of.

all this little shitstorm of posts has elicited is you cannot point to any similar means to those used against bin laden by the united states employed against assange which is what i asked you some time ago..

I can truthfully say that if the US currrently has some sort of clandestine operation in the works in order to secure Assange, I have absolutely no knowledge of the plan or its details. :)

so it's been pretty clear that i meant MILITARY operations..

That's where you fell into error. I wasn't restricting anything to just military operations. I gave an example of a clandestine operation that was military, but..............come on........... surely you didn't think I was suggesting that the US was going to try to take Assange out with a Predator drone?

That's where you fell into error. I wasn't restricting anything to just military operations. I gave an example of a clandestine operation that was military, but..............come on........... surely you didn't think I was suggesting that the US was going to try to take Assange out with a Predator drone?
how is this 'helping [me] through a logical minefield'?

Back
Top Bottom