Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Arsenal 2023/24

Pickman's model

Starry Wisdom
After a very positive performance against Manchester City arsenal have to be clear contenders for the league - let's hope we start with 3 points against Forest on Saturday

As noted elsewhere Saka played really nicely, he's a gem.

Quite a few yellow cards. I particularly liked the ref giving a yellow card when Arteta asked him for one.

That's going to be interesting this season - even tapping the ball away when it goes dead looks like it gets a yellow. I look forward to the FA introducing the system the Italians had in the 60s - a fine of however many lira for players throwing up one hand in protest, twice as much for two hands in protest and so on through the complete range of protests. :thumbs:

Well the biggest advantage to winning the community shield is not losing it. Having a win under the belt is a positive start. Although it is a trinket, losing would have put the mentality of the team in the wrong place.
Looking forward to midweek non Thursday football!. :thumbs:

Well the biggest advantage to winning the community shield is not losing it. Having a win under the belt is a positive start. Although it is a trinket, losing would have put the mentality of the team in the wrong place.
Looking forward to midweek non Thursday football!. :thumbs:
Yup, 'we can't beat them in any game, whoever they put out' is gone. They'll be less bothered than we would have - they've lost the last 3 Community Shields and gone on to win the league each time. I fear that at the end of the season, our lack on of a definte 25/30 goal a season striker will cost us.

Yet again Arsenal looked better once Havertz was subbed.

Basically, the team looked better once they reverted to what produced the better performances last season.

It's a worry if Arteta doesn't see this.

Who the hell do these unqualified armchair experts and so called fans think they are? If any of them could coach and manage a professional team they wouldn't be making tits of themselves on youtube. I thought the premier league was bad enough because of the greed and self entitled fans. The advent of these dopey cuntsj is a new low for the game. He should be rubbing his hands that they're shit and has donkies like Maguire for him to scream at. It's really only rival fans that tune in to laugh at silly bollox making an absolute cock of himself. It's how they make money from it. Be it Klopp, Guardiola or Wenger these sad fukers will sit there ,criticise, dictate and demand that experienced professionlas should be doing things the way some over inflated thundercunt wants it done.

Who the hell do these unqualified armchair experts and so called fans think they are? If any of them could coach and manage a professional team they wouldn't be making tits of themselves on youtube. I thought the premier league was bad enough because of the greed and self entitled fans. The advent of these dopey cuntsj is a new low for the game. He should be rubbing his hands that they're shit and has donkies like Maguire for him to scream at. It's really only rival fans that tune in to laugh at silly bollox making an absolute cock of himself. It's how they make money from it. Be it Klopp, Guardiola or Wenger these sad fukers will sit there ,criticise, dictate and demand that experienced professionlas should be doing things the way some over inflated thundercunt wants it done.

Tbf, AFTV were/are the absolute pioneers of this kind of masochistic trade of humiliation-for-fame model. And, for a decent time arguably one if the sole decent things of modern football, but even the novelty of seeing your rivals fans mug themselves off to their YouTube channel is wearing a little thin.

Tbf, AFTV were/are the absolute pioneers of this kind of masochistic trade of humiliation
They were but it wasn;t the fans that provided the content who were coining it. My son used to look in but only when they lost so he could laugh at them and to be fair there was some sensible genuine fans that didn't make cunts out of themselves after a defeat. That show used to get double the hits when they lost. Was probably spurs fans and young lads tuning in for giggles rather than Arsenal fans.

for a decent time arguably one if the sole decent things of modern football, but even the novelty of seeing your rivals fans mug themselves off to their YouTube channel is wearing a little thin.
But Robbie the owner is clever. experienced in and savvy when it comes to social media and content. Look how his channel has evolved and grown. Good studio debate with knowledgeable and level headed fans. As you rightly say, it wears a bit thin and people viewers will soon get bored of a few lads screaming and shouting. Troops has done well for himself out of it. Robbie who i know from the reggae industry is a shrewd businessman and knows when it's time to adapt and move on. I doubt that any half sensible united fan will tune in to listen to sillly bollox slag off the team that he loves.

I'm a Millwall fan for my sins. A geezer tried that bollox down at our place but wasn't suffered for long. He was fucked off out of it sharpish along with a flea in his ear, a fews words of wisdom and some stern advice.

He's been at it for around ten years tbh and as you say very successful at it. Not just with the United Stand, but with live shows and radio. I think most of their supporters watch the game on TV or stream but he gets the punters , prob a lot overseas who literally buy in to this sort of stuff. Rival fans only post him when they lose.

I was just going to come on and say

"So why has Ramsdale been dropped? :(

I like Ramsdale"

Don't think he'd have been caught out by those Chelsea goals today :mad:

100%.

He almost gifted a 3rd to Palmer, and did the same against City in the last game, not convinced atm. Very nervy, whereas Ramsdale is full of confidence. Well, he was, before he was dropped for doing not a lot wrong. Not looking like Arteta's smartest move tbh.

100%.

He almost gifted a 3rd to Palmer, and did the same against City in the last game, not convinced atm. Very nervy, whereas Ramsdale is full of confidence. Well, he was, before he was dropped for doing not a lot wrong. Not looking like Arteta's smartest move tbh.
Didn't do incredibly well today :(

being dropped has affected his confidence though - and Arsenal won :thumbs:

Yeh, Declan's goal line clearance bailed out Rambo big time :eek: Feel for him, lost his swag a bit, and still not really convinced Raya is that much of an upgrade. Certainly not worth putting Ramsdale's confidence through the shredder. Saka and Martinelli looked quiet too.

BUT, great result, so...

Yeh, Declan's goal line clearance bailed out Rambo big time :eek: Feel for him, lost his swag a bit, and still not really convinced Raya is that much of an upgrade. Certainly not worth putting Ramsdale's confidence through the shredder. Saka and Martinelli looked quiet too.

BUT, great result, so...
Rice the hero again tonight. He's flying.

Raya was awful.

What went wrong with Barkley, how did he end up at Luton, he looked brilliant last night.

Great final ball from Odegaard and no one talking about Rice’s price tag now.

Champions , I’m telling you, champions.:D

Oh yeah, Raya. Just don’t get it, I know Ramsdale has had his own fuck ups in the past, but not as consistently as Raya does, it’s almost every game. The short arse. :)

Back
Top Bottom