Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Armstrong tests positive?

I'm sure the IOC doesn't really want to drop cycling. They'll find some way to go forward, probably get rid of McQuaid and Verbruggen, give the UCI's anti-doping responsibilities to WADA, give a top job to Michael Ashenden. What a mess. I think the ructions will go on all winter. Whoever takes over will have to do something major about ending the omerta. God knows what. I don't see how you could do it without banning a whole load of the dodgier DeeEsses. But how could they do that without sponsors going and teams folding? The fallout will be Puerto x 10.

Get Clerc (?) back in charge of AFLD too.

Interesting to note from that article that USADA are planning on making their report public on the same day as sending it to UCI.

Enigmatic tweet from Sherwen: "Old African proverb: When the elephants fight only the grass get hurt". I suppose that's just his way of saying that exposing Armstrong is bad for the sport.

Did everyone see Liggett's shite video the other day? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/usada-responds-to-liggetts-claims-of-bribery-in-armstrong-case I don't see how he and Sherwen can stay in the sport next season.

The above cyclingnews story mentioned that Liggett had financial connections with Armstrong. Then Liggett tweeted that he didn't and told them to retract it - which they did. He also tweeted that he hadn't seen or spoken to Armstrong for 15 mths...then someone dug up a cancer charity event in Canada 11 months ago where Liggett and Armstrong had shared a platform. Liggett would have been paid a bundle for that, and no doubt Lance arranged it.

The arrogance of all these crooks is beyond belief.

Lance is an investor in Sherwen's gold mine. Wouldn't be too far a stretch to imagine that Liggett is too, or at least was. I also so that thing about the pic. Made me giggle.

Well, I've just gone back to that CN article because I could have sworn they used the line "finally tested positive" but it reads "ultimately tested positive" so I must have imagined it.

Though thinking about it, they could have changed it. Always the chance something got lost in translation.

Or I imagined it.

In fact, the article says posted at 2036 and updated 2143 so that may be it.

edit: by 'that' I mean a mistranslation of finalement or similar.

So is USADA saying those samples had already been tested and positive results not declared? If not then why hadn't they been tested? If so, then wow, shit and all that stuff.

From a discussion on another board

posh wanker hiding behind the fully deployed cancer shield said:
seems in 04 USADA had 3 blood tests and in 05 5 blood tests so perhaps it will be a re-test of these.

So it sounds like these are old USADA samples. Which makes on wonder why they didn't test positive at the time. More sensitive equipment maybe?

From a discussion on another board

So it sounds like these are old USADA samples. Which makes on wonder why they didn't test positive at the time. More sensitive equipment maybe?

So he still hasn't been tested positive for doping. Is this all on the back of some disgruntled team mates?

It's about time the whole thing was dropped.

So he still hasn't been tested positive for doping. Is this all on the back of some disgruntled team mates?

It's about time the whole thing was dropped.

Thats a very ignoarnt comment from someone who doesnt know enough about the situation imho. LA always rolls out the, I am the most tested athlete in history and have been tested over 500 times without failing a test. All 3 parts of that statement are untrue.

What is true tho, if you care to read up on the subject, is that of all the big names that have been stripped of titles, banned and labelled as dopers very very few of them ever failed tests.

Most have been caught as the result if testimony from team mates, doctors or personally, the never failed a test is LA bullshit at its best. He did fail by the way, but the ICU had noi wish to label the biggest man in the sport a cheat, and he convenientky provided the ICU with a cheque for $125k.

He did fail by the way, but the ICU had noi wish to label the biggest man in the sport a cheat, and he convenientky provided the ICU with a cheque for $125k.

We should probably point out that the cheque for $125k was a contribution towards the fight against doping. The way you've written it it just looks like he was paying bribes to the UCI.

No harm done, and it's not the first time a sarcastic comment of mine has been taken literally this weekend. Must be the posting style.

Was really just a silly attempt at showing that the Lance myth is a castle built on sand. If sand were made of bullshit.

this is a great thread.

i had a look at Armstrong's facebook page this morning. a heck of a lot of people just blindly supporting him still. it's bordering on cult stuff.

how much more proof do people want?

this is a great thread.

i had a look at Armstrong's facebook page this morning. a heck of a lot of people just blindly supporting him still. it's bordering on cult stuff.

how much more proof do people want?

It's fucking depressing, isn't it? I'm arguing the toss over on another forum and a few of the posters keep bringing out every Lance myth and spin imaginable. You can point out in no uncertain terms that they are wrong, they slink off and come back a few days later spouting the same shite.

Lancelovers are just conspiraloons. Talking to them is futile. They usually know nothing about cycling anyway, so who cares what they think?

Lancelovers are just conspiraloons. Talking to them is futile. They usually know nothing about cycling anyway, so who cares what they think?

That's what I always thought, but these guys I'm arguing with are long time fans of the sport and not particularly conspiranoid in any other thread, but they seem happy to turn themselves inside out to find reasons not to sanction Lance Armstrong.

Tyler Hamilton's book is out today in the US. As expected its a damning expose of US postal and Dopsetrong...

mini review here:-

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/books-and-dvd/product/review-the-secret-race-46544

it may be hard to enjoy watching the sport after getting through this book, because every stand-out performance, every heroic breakaway, every amazing ride will trigger a little doubt in your mind. After all of the blatant, bare-faced lies told by an affable rider like Hamilton, it will be difficult to trust any rider's claims of racing clean.

Snippets from Hamilton's promotional tv appearance:

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoo...ance-armstrong/The-Unlevel-Playing-Field.html

remember, after my suspension ended in 2007, I rode for Tinkoff Credit Systems. One day, right in front of the whole team, the subject of doping came up. I remember [team owner Oleg Tinkoff] said, “I don’t care what you guys do, just don’t get caught.” That was my first experience, coming back after two-and-a-half years of not racing.

That would be the same Tinkoff as in Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank, payroller of Bjane Riis, Contador and from next year Nicholas Roche.

Back
Top Bottom